Floor Mats?

MCarda

Reaction score
Hi all,

With winter approaching I don't want my new Avant to get messy inside so am looking at getting some rubber/all weather floor mats.

I found some decent deals on eBay however the products come from Germany - my question is would these be compatible with a right hand drive vehicle here in the UK? Specifically, is there any difference in shape to accommodate the accelerator pedal?

Cheers!

Not the answer you were after, but I used one of the custom mat makers ( I think it was ultimatecarmats.co.uk ). Very impressed, much thicker than any mat I had seen before, deadened the sound ( noisy Golf ) nicely and lasted well. Plus you can get loads of colour / edging options to make it match in. Would use again.

I change mine to rubber/all weather mats every winter usually around this time to the end of march. I have always used O.E from the dealers & they have all been great + they have the corrrect floor fixings.

Reactions: Zakalwe
Funnily enough I’ve had the same thought re: my not yet built Avant. I have a weird OCD which means I always replace OEM fabric mats, stick them in the loft and replace with rubber mats.

I’ll probably go the OEM route and I’ve attached a photo of the front mats from the Audi website (oddly the photo appears to be of the underside). There’s a cut-out for the accelerator pedal so I don’t think a LHD set would fit.

ff355407fe545efb8962f95516eb960f.jpg

Funnily enough I’ve had the same thought re: my not yet built Avant. I have a weird OCD which means I always replace OEM fabric mats, stick them in the loft and replace with rubber mats.

I’ll probably go the OEM route and I’ve attached a photo of the front mats from the Audi website (oddly the photo appears to be of the underside). There’s a cut-out for the accelerator pedal so I don’t think a LHD set would fit.

ff355407fe545efb8962f95516eb960f.jpg
............same here. Carpet mats in the loft untill spring.

Cheers for your responses all, much appreciated!

@Whimsy: The rubber ones that the site you posted carry look like a decent choice. Do you know if the floor fittings are like for like?

I called up my Audi dealer and was quoted £95 inc. VAT for a set of front and rear rubber mats. Can apparently get similar for £50 odd from Ultimate Car Mats.

I've just picked but these from eBay. They should be arriving today. I'll let you know what they are like.

Upload 2019 10 8 9 23 54

Here you go, just fitted. I think they look great and are already doing their job.
IMG 0130

IMG 0131
IMG 0133

Reactions: DaveW