Flying rats

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone I’m after some advice

moved into a new house in January and we had 3 wires for internet going across our house now they’ve added 2 more to the next pole for the ultra fast broadband and all of a sudden there seems to be a silly amount of flying rats constantly sitting on the wires/pole just to the left of the house.

im just wanting to know if anyone has had a similar problem and found a solution to scare them away from sitting around that area, I’ve seen stuff online but don’t want to start throwing money at things

im hoping once the winds change direction it won’t be such a problem as the winds basically carrying the poo into the side of the car from the pole I don’t mind blasting one of 2 spots off but every morning it’s covered and around this time of day they come back and do it all again, I was out before after banging the bin lid to scare them off and whilst using de ironised water to wash them off they come back and booom fresh poo down the side I have just rinsed

I have 2 cats that go out and even that doesn’t seem to bother them

thanks in advance

Heh, flying rats as in "bats" or are we talking some other [to me, currently situated in northern Europe] exotic animal species? A photo would be much appreciated, I love animals in all forms. I do however understand that you want your cables to be left alone.

Bats are a protected species so you can't do anything to harm them. I doubt they'll do any real damage.

Thanks for the reply guy. I should have said. In some places in the uk flying rats are birds That crap all over your car

If it's pigeons or gulls you refer to, then I'd take an air rifle to the gits :smilingimp:

Reactions: Toonsoldier91
The problem is starlings. Managed to keep scaring them and they ******** off. Since then next door has topped up her bird feeders and they’ve come back

hopefully they get lost sooner or later sick of getting 10-20 bird splatters off a day. Won’t be as back when am back at work i guess

You need something to automatically shoot human splat at them lol

• Haha
Reactions: Toonsoldier91