flywheel question

webby1001

Reaction score
just about to put a sachs clutch in my s3 8p with a standard flywheel. heard some rumors on here that the standard flywheel will just go again thou. is this ture???? i will be running revo stage 2. autotech fuel pump. air intake. dv.

cheers

Its hard to say, it seems that the dual mass flywheels are a fairly common fault, its obviously going to be even worse on a tuned car.

Is it a sachs flywheel you put on or the OEM 'Luk'? Maybe the sachs flywheels are better...

there is no such thing as an OE Sachs flywheel I'm sure, I've done a lot of digging and can't find anything. There are plenty of lads running the uprated Sachs clutch with a new dual mass flywheel and they seem to be holding out. This is the route I'm going very shortly

when i say standard flywheel. i mean the duel mass flywheel which is standard on the car....thats is right yer? as long as there holding out. wasn't to certain if they was or not. have people being running them for a while with no problems ?

Its hard to say, it seems that the dual mass flywheels are a fairly common fault, its obviously going to be even worse on a tuned car.

Is it a sachs flywheel you put on or the OEM 'Luk'? Maybe the sachs flywheels are better...

and whats a oem 'LUK' flywheel?

going to be ordering the sachs clutch int he next couple of days. please correct me if im wrong but i think i need

1. SACHS Performance Cover and Organic Plate - clutch size 240mm - engine code bhz,bzc
2. OEM Slave / Release Bearing to use with above
3. duel mass flywheel

cheers

Yeah thats what you need mate.
The oem LuK flywheel is the original dual mass flywheel in your car and the only dual mass flywheel available for it.
Sachs dont make a DMF they only make the single mass flywheels.
If you were to call Audi and order a new DMF they would supply the Luk and it costs a fortune from them !!
Get it from www.buypartsbuy.com for £207+vat.