Fmic

190sline

Reaction score
Hey guys what size front mounts intercoolers are people running on the b6 quattro's I've been told no less than 2.5 inch piping just wernt sure on cooler sizes. Thanks mat.

The thing with those kits is the amount of trimming required to make them fit,it's one of the reasons I haven't bought a front mount yet

Is it just the front bumper that needs trimming? Will it be different for a Quattro do you reckon?

Get your hacksaw out.... and your welder to make the ic support frame and dont forget to put a bead arround the pipe ends to stop the hoses blowing off if you up the boost pressure :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359277361521.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359277361521.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 406
The thing with those kits is the amount of trimming required to make them fit,it's one of the reasons I haven't bought a front mount yet

only trimming needed was to the 2 plastic side walls either side of the gap you put the fmic in! Even then they can be removed if wanted . And all the pipes come beaded so they won't blow off.

Get your hacksaw out.... and your welder to make the ic support frame and dont forget to put a bead arround the pipe ends to stop the hoses blowing off if you up the boost pressure :)
That's a nice setup you have there, is that a FWD 2.5 tdi ?

Its a 2.7 and Fwd and very slippy in this weather! Lol

All of the work is done by one guy and I would recommend him to anyone considering major mods

I'm a fabricator so modding and brackatry won't be a problem we have a swaging machine at work so if the pipes had to be cut putting a bead on wouldn't be a problem. How much time would you allow for fitment?

Think it was 10 hours give or take but we mocked it up so that saved a lot of time:)

3" pipe work cannot remember but 450 x 300 x 60mm rings a bell, stock turbo converted to hybrid turbo by Adam at Tdi turbos in Poole, internals upgraded with 59mm compressor with custom tips and brand new bearings:)

3" pipe work cannot remember but 450 x 300 x 60mm rings a bell, stock turbo converted to hybrid turbo by Adam at Tdi turbos in Poole, internals upgraded with 59mm compressor with custom tips and brand new bearings:)
So you're saying that a GTB1759vk hybrid will support 300 Bhp ? I somehow doubt it, 250-270 yes, 300 is hard work even with GTB2260Vk...
Adam is building the Turbo Dynamics hybrid turbo i had on the a6 (fjtwelve's old car), that had already a 60mm compressor wheel but i was experiencing boost creep even with a cut back turbine. Now he's rebuilding it with a genuine gt22 turbine and some serious machining in order to fit the old housing...

What sort of power are ypu after if its less than 250 bhp dont bother with one standard is fine? The ko3s finds it hard to fill the space my mate lost power when he fitted one and he running revo remap stage 2 @ 245 bhp! I think it was down to pressure drop... The 190 has twin intercoolers and works fine as it is unless your thinking of going hybrid or bigger turbo!m

Il be going for around 280/290 on a beach buggy ko3 hybrid. What power do the twin coolers be inefficient?

Anything over 250 bhp the front mounts will become a hinderqnce to the system! Yer i have been speaking with beachbuggy about the hybrid ko3s and im not going to buy a front mount until i have bought the turbo upgrade as any imtercooler you buy will have to be customized once you fit the new turbo as he changes the compressor hpusing to a ko4 one! If i have understood the information corectly anyway!

Oh ok. Apparently the ko3 tip will still fit over the bigger housing aslong as its not a forge one as there to well built and strong lol that's another thing I need but don't want it to cost me the earth. What did your friend do to make 245 bhp?

Oh ok. Apparently the ko3 tip will still fit over the bigger housing aslong as its not a forge one as there to well built and strong lol that's another thing I need but don't want it to cost me the earth. What did your friend do to make 245 bhp?

hes got same spec as me yet i have stuff to fit a get mapped!
Spec:
turbo back exhaust including 200 cell cat
tip
225 tt injectors
k&n filter
diverter valve
Revo stage 2 map

i hopefully should see same power gains as have exactly the same but just have to fit my tip and the injectors then get it mapped!
then when money permits go for hybrid ko3s and front mount

Thread resurrection.

I don't suppose this would fit a 1.9 tdi?

Thread resurrection.

I don't suppose this would fit a 1.9 tdi?
It will fit any car with a little determination ! However, intercoolers are not really required on a tdi unless you're running in excess of 250 Bhp. I run a 300 Bhp v6 , 2.5 tdi on a factory FMIC, it's off a allroad tdi and it's full alloy !