Fmic

simers

Reaction score
Would fitting one on my 130bhp tdi be of any benefit to the car?? Would she need to be mapped for it too??

In theory if your fitting a FMIC then your going down the modding route and seeing as the car will be running cooler then yes I would say get it remapped. I remapped an ASN members A4 2.0TFSI that had a Forge FMIC and DV and after the remap it was kicking out about 310bhp from 211bhp standard. The FMIC gave it what we believe was an extra 30/40bhp so worth it.

is your tdi re-mapped already?? most places that map cars will just up load a stock re-map regardless of fmic fitted or not. fmic will give little increase if any might even cause your car to feel a bit more laggy due to longer runs of the inter-cooler pipe work.

Upgrading to a FMIC from a SMIC on an otherwise standard car will give you very little advantage and will probably cost you £150-£200. A phase 1 remap to 165-170 bhp will make a really big difference and not cost much more. If you were planning on doing more then this a FMIC may be worth it.
The FMIC really gives you more consistent power especially in the summer. Quite often they appear to give really good gains on the dyno because the cooling fans usually dont cool as well as they would on the road so the intercooler upgrade can appear to give you more on a dyno that it would on the road.

Karl.

Would fitting one on my 130bhp tdi be of any benefit to the car?? Would she need to be mapped for it too??

What year is the car as later models had rubbish plastic intercoolers but if it's an earlier model the intercooler should be good for well over 200bhp so no real point unless you're changing injectors and turbo.

is your tdi re-mapped already?? most places that map cars will just up load a stock re-map regardless of fmic fitted or not. fmic will give little increase if any might even cause your car to feel a bit more laggy due to longer runs of the inter-cooler pipe work.
Lag with intercoolers generally only occurs on petrol cars.

Upgrading to a FMIC from a SMIC on an otherwise standard car will give you very little advantage and will probably cost you £150-£200. A phase 1 remap to 165-170 bhp will make a really big difference and not cost much more. If you were planning on doing more then this a FMIC may be worth it.
The FMIC really gives you more consistent power especially in the summer. Quite often they appear to give really good gains on the dyno because the cooling fans usually dont cool as well as they would on the road so the intercooler upgrade can appear to give you more on a dyno that it would on the road.

Karl.

Karl he already has a FMIC haha.

Only seen this now jake... The car is 01 with 200k miles on the clock... New belt being fitted shortly seeing as last one was done 67000 miles ago..