Foam lance won't attach to Karcher K4

TeaMonsta

Reaction score
It's always been quite difficult to detach the nozzle from my Karcher K4 pressure washer but never a problem to attach the foam lance. All of a sudden, I just can't get it to attach. I'm baffled. Any ideas?

It's always been quite difficult to detach the nozzle from my Karcher K4 pressure washer but never a problem to attach the foam lance. All of a sudden, I just can't get it to attach. I'm baffled. Any ideas?

Sounds like you might have an issue with the spring mechanism. To be honest, best thing you can do is get rid of the Karcher Lance, and go for one of the quick trigger guns in2detailing do. Comes with the required quick release to convert your S/F, and all for under £35

https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/karc...-with-quick-release-nozzles-kar190635748.html

Best upgrade

Reactions: RobbieWebs and Buxton2901
Sounds like you might have an issue with the spring mechanism.....get rid of the Karcher Lance....
Thanks, X3man. Do you mean the spring mechanism in the end of the hose that's attached to the washer? The one which you attach the two detachable nozzles to shown in the picture (or your foam lance)? It's as if the spring mechanism in the end of this hose (attached to the washer) won't compress enough to get my foam lance attached with its bayonet fitting. Could I still attach the foam lance to the quick release nozzle you've suggested?

D2

Thanks, X3man. Do you mean the spring mechanism in the end of the hose that's attached to the washer? The one which you attach the two detachable nozzles to shown in the picture (or your foam lance)? It's as if the spring mechanism in the end of this hose (attached to the washer) won't compress enough to get my foam lance attached with its bayonet fitting. Could I still attach the foam lance to the quick release nozzle you've suggested?

View attachment 187935

Yes the one at the end of the Lance and not sure if they are fixable. Yes, as mentioned the quick gun comes with the connector to modify your foam lance into quick release

Reactions: TeaMonsta
Have you left the little yellow plastic grommet from the lance in the handle? Sometimes the one on my Karcher snowfoam bottle detaches and stays there.

Sounds like you might have an issue with the spring mechanism. To be honest, best thing you can do is get rid of the Karcher Lance, and go for one of the quick trigger guns in2detailing do. Comes with the required quick release to convert your S/F, and all for under £35

https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/karc...-with-quick-release-nozzles-kar190635748.html

Best upgrade
That's exactly the reason I ordered the quick trigger gun from Imran.
Fed up wrestling with the k4 lance.
Bring on the quick connect

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Mine arrived today, very impressed with it
IMG 20190822 114426 2052x2736

Reactions: cuke2u, NevMan and Sandra
I'll be trying mine next week I hope, I am so pumped with steroids at the moment I JUST WANT TO CLEAN

Reactions: RobbieWebs and NevMan