Foldable Mirrors

zenyagami

Reaction score
The folding mirrors are standard on the S-line spec (at least they are in the UK).
There's a setting in the MMI to enable the mirrors folding automatically on locking the vehicle. Car settings>systems and services>central locking>fold mirrors

On your mirror controls, do you have the position on the bottom left of the attached image?
Screenshot 20220523 124047 combravebrowser

Reactions: AdamInKent and Jassyo06
Unfortunately it doesn't have this option software or physical and mine is an s Line almost full equipped that sucks

Always has been an option on Audis. Used to be around £4-500 option.
i have an 8v s3 back edition with tech pack. No folding mirrors as well so retrofitted it myself.
wasnt difficult and can’t see the new 8y being any different.
kufatec isn’t the cheapest of places to buy parts. I got mine from @creweaudiparts on here and was cheaper than kufatec.

Reactions: zenyagami
Apparently not in mine, maybe new models? sadly the "Phyisical button" is not there and in settings is not any option :/
Are you UK based?

It still shows on the configurator that folding mirrors standard on all models and I hadn't heard that they weren't coming through without due to the parts shortage

Have you queried with the dealer?

Are you UK based?

It still shows on the configurator that folding mirrors standard on all models and I hadn't heard that they weren't coming through without due to the parts shortage

Have you queried with the dealer?
Thanks a lot for the reply, I'm based on Germany, so maybe here was not in all models :/

Thanks a lot for the reply, I'm based on Germany, so maybe here was not in all models :/
I still can’t believe it’s not standard on all cars nowadays. My sister £7k brand new Ford in 2008 had folding mirrors as standard.
Can only assume parts in Germany is a lot cheaper than uk. Good luck with the retrofit, maybe take some pictures to help others on here.

I still can’t believe it’s not standard on all cars nowadays. My sister £7k brand new Ford in 2008 had folding mirrors as standard.
Can only assume parts in Germany is a lot cheaper than uk. Good luck with the retrofit, maybe take some pictures to help others on here.
Thanks a lot, I contacted @creweaudiparts but seems they don't have it, I will check kufatec, little bit price tho, plus workshop fee...
Thanks a lot, I will post images if I can make this work!

Even my 'Sport' trimmed (2nd lowest one) has the electric folding mirrors in UK. Then again I notice that some combinations are not avaliable here, or vice versa. Like outside the UK, you can spec USbC charging ports in rear, I've seen some cars that had 'basic LEDs' up front, but with rear LEDs. And of course outside UK you can spec the Audi Sound System (10 speaker).