Folding Mirrors - activate from key fob?

AlpineCab

Reaction score
After 18 months of ownership have only just found out that I've got electric folding mirrors that can be opened/closed from the adjustment switch. Great!

Now the question is, can these be set up somehow, either via the car controls or via VCDS, to open and close automatically when the car is unlocked/locked?

Short answer: No

Long answer: The folding wing mirrors are not controlled by a VAGCOM module and therefore cannot be controlled by VCDS. They can however be wired to work from the remote fob, somewhere on audizine there is a guide to connecting diodes & resistors to permit this function, however I am not sure where this is...

Tip: This question has been asked (and answered before), using the search function can get your quicker answers sometimes!

It is a shame, everything else on the car is run by VAGCOM, why not the mirrors!?

It can be done (via wiring as mentioned) but from what I remember it's a quite fiddly and nowhere near as simple as plugging in a laptop :3sadwalk:

Yeah I agree, its a shame, and I've got enough to do at the moment with other bits and pieces, so I'll content myself with new found discovery and use the knob when the need arises.