Folding mirrors issue and collecting next Friday

Jay1983

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just been to audi to have a pre collection inspiration on my new s1 round 2 lol

And it seems like audi have fixed the electric folding mirrors issue where you were not able to fold/unfold them via the key fob When you lock and unlock the mirrors now actively work on the key now
My dealer said this is the 2nd s1 that now works with the key an is new for 2017 models

Pick up next Friday Hopefully this is it now

You can program it in on older cars, I don't get why they just don't put it in the MMI like on other models

I agree. My 66plate never did it Glad audi have fixed this

Agree with Dom, simply and quick fix via VCDS. It's a simple thing that makes a big difference.

Good luck with the hand over.

Reactions: Jay1983
Is this option on a A1 black edition 17my where you lock and the mirrors fold?

Agree with Dom, simply and quick fix via VCDS. It's a simple thing that makes a big difference.

Good luck with the hand over.
Thank you. The main thing is ive seen it and the spec is correct

My new S1 mirrors fold on pressing the door lock.
Just need it back from Audi been there two weeks.
I'm on round three or could be four or even maybe five.
Inspect your car properly mine came from the factory with scratches, faults on the leather seats and a side skirt in a different colour to the rest of the car.

Last edited:
Omg any bet your fuming mate you have been waiting so long too.
Lucky i saw some of it outside in the light

Reactions: andy l
Didn't know you could get the mirrors coded to fold with the lock / unlock on the key fob !! My 66 plate doesn't do it, have to do them manually which sort of defeats the point in my opinion.

Anybody know if Audi will do this for me? ... Worth a phone call to them I guess. Where have other people had this done?

Anybody know if Audi will do this for me? ... Worth a phone call to them I guess. Where have other people had this done?

I would doubt Audi will alter any factory codes that aren't meant to be changed, but it is worth a try.

Best bet is to see if anyone local to you has VCDS and can do it in 15 minutes.

VCDS is easier as the coding tells you exactly what you are changing. The dealer use ODIS and won't know what they are coding unless they have the code from another S1 to copy

Just to confirm 17my here and the mirrors fold in on their own when you lock the car.

Reactions: Jay1983
same here our new 17plate A1 sport also has folding mirrors that lock/unlock with the remote key

Heres a quick few from Fridays collection number 2
IMG 3782
IMG 3784
IMG 3782 IMG 3784 IMG 3785

Attachments

• IMG_3786.JPG
    IMG_3786.JPG
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: A1blkedt and SPIKE_
Hopefully all went well this time round? Looks a well speced S1 - enjoy.

It did thank you. Im just on edge this week with it as the last issues started a week after collecting. But it feels much better already
Really stiff tho. Alot more them the last one. So I imagine thats a good sign