Folding Mirrors Retrofit

Tempz

Reaction score
Hello all,
Would really love to retrofit electric folding mirrors on my '59 A3 SB. I don't have off road parking so above all this is one retrofit I really want. Does anyone on here do this or let me know of a place that does?
Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: Sandra
Hi, what's your location and I will see who is in your area? We have site sponsors who can do this. :)

Happydayz do retrofit Audi stuff, think it's around 600 quid though, must be cheaper ways if you can source the bits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speak to @Ash187 at AudiRetrofit, in West London (Uxbridge), he did my folding mirrors last weekend.

Reactions: Ash187
How much did he charge you for this?

Hi @Riggie8, probably best to give @Ash187 a call for the price. My S3 is a late model 8P (61) so I already had the 8P0959801P/802P correct door modules for the auto fold. The rest of the parts I purchased over a period of time from @mjr901 via parts request but Ash can supply too.

@eLeCtRaSh what year is your car as the mirrors changes somewhere about 2010/11

My my61 required:
- door modules as above
- optic for switch on door handle 8p0919173 C
- new door handle 8P4959522 C7 PE
- mirror 8P2858531 GC (heated, fold, dim, indicator)
- mirror 8P2858532 GC
- switch 4F0 959574 A

The mirrors were available on eBay but pretty poor condition and even aftermarket new weren't that good - the quality just wasn't there. I purchased through Mike in parts request and was surprised how competitively priced the genuine Audi items were.

can someone just write part number of left and right mirror so i can search it on ebay?

Snap

I'm guessing you need the left /right motorised base of the mirror. You can reuse your existing mirror caps and glass. Also you will need the mirror switch in the door changed as well to include the folding switch.

anything else?

@eLeCtRaSh what year is your car as the mirrors changes somewhere about 2010/11

My my61 required:
- door modules as above
- optic for switch on door handle 8p0919173 C
- new door handle 8P4959522 C7 PE
- mirror 8P2858531 GC (heated, fold, dim, indicator)
- mirror 8P2858532 GC
- switch 4F0 959574 A

The mirrors were available on eBay but pretty poor condition and even aftermarket new weren't that good - the quality just wasn't there. I purchased through Mike in parts request and was surprised how competitively priced the genuine Audi items were.

What do the door handle bits have to do with the mod?

This is actually 3 parts, the handle, switch and the little optical piece which has the fold, heat and left/right images on it.

The new handle is needed as it has the hole at the bottom for the fold icon.

Sorry, the 2x 'mirrors' in my post above are the motorised bases (I'm a kiwi, the whole thing is a mirror). I reused my glass and caps.

IMG 0521

This is actually 3 parts, the handle, switch and the little optical piece which has the fold, heat and left/right images on it.

The new handle is needed as it has the hole at the bottom for the fold icon.

Sorry, the 2x 'mirrors' in my post above are the motorised bases (I'm a kiwi, the whole thing is a mirror). I reused my glass and caps.

View attachment 118699

Got it, you've got the 5 door as well wonder which items are universal?

Yep, number 9 on this:

IMG 0684

Please note, mine is late 61 reg so may be different for earlier model.

My car is 8P 2004 year. And this is what i am looking forward to do because of those people who dosent car how they part or exit their car

And also i dont have indicators for mirrors. Can i retrofit this as well or should i get ones without it.
My car is 3dr

Last edited:
Here you are gents
Knock yourselves out on eBay... (hardly ever come up)

A3 Folding Mirrors
8P2 858 531 L - folding mirror bases (8P2) Left
8P2 858 532 L - folding mirror bases (8P2) Right

8P2 858 531 EC 01C- folding mirror bases (dumbo) Left
8P2 858 532 EC 01C- folding mirror bases (dumbo) Right

8P2 858 531 GC - folding mirror bases (My 11) Left
8P2 858 532 GC - folding mirror bases (My 11) Right

8P4 959 522 C 7PE- Mirror switch mount 4 door RHD
8P3 959 558 B - Mirror switch mount 2 door RHD

Reactions: vdt, e9_mustii and leshkin
This seems a lot more complicated than I thought! So I take it you can reuse existing mirror housing and glass and need just the motorised bases?
-

Yes to do this retrofit you need the following:

Pair of bases with motors (correct parts listed above for the different years available)
Door modules
Mirror switch for folding mirrors
Symbols for folding mirror switch
Door handle with hole for folding mirror switch

If anyone wants to have it done easily I can retrofit these with the parts supplied in about an hour and half. Dm me for prices

Reactions: e9_mustii and samuelh_888
I looked into this a ways back when I got mine, I decided it was prohibitively expensive...

TBH I don't really understand the attraction of folding mirrors, or the desire to retrofit them as most of the time it seems as more protection is afforded to the car by leaving them fully extended?
Whenever I'm parked in a tight space I seldom retract mine as I'd rather have a scuffed mirror casing than a dented door!!!

TBH I don't really understand the attraction of folding mirrors, or the desire to retrofit them as most of the time it seems as more protection is afforded to the car by leaving them fully extended?
Whenever I'm parked in a tight space I seldom retract mine as I'd rather have a scuffed mirror casing than a dented door!!!
Doubt you say that when someone rips your mirror clean of (lorry or careless driver) and a replacement mirror body and auto dimmimg mirros will.coat you 500+ in repairs

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk