Footwell lights

K4RL

Reaction score
Hi all
Quick query about the ILP, are the footwell lights ment to say on all the time whilst the headlights are on? My old focus's footlights were linked to the doors & dimmed then switched off a few seconds after closing the doors. Seems strange to have them on all the time, did try the manual but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks Karl

I had ILP in the RS3 I borrowed and they stayed on all the time. You can adjust the brightness in the MMI console but not sure if you can turn them off.

Wish I spec'd them in my S3:(

Yes they do stay on all in the time in the S3 when the headlights are on, although as jay_a says, you can adjust the brightness in the MMI, almost to the point of dimming them so it seems they are not on LOL

You can turn them down to zero via the MMI in background lighting as I did this recently as it was distracting when driving at night on dark country roads.

Cheers for the replies, I'd already turned them down slightly but as they're linked to the B&O front speakers I didn't want to turned them off. Can't understand why they aren't linked to the doors like the overhead interior light, if Mr Ford can manage this why not Audi? Anyway looks like I'm going to have to steer clear of bright trainers in the future if they're going to be in the spot lights all the time. :haha:

Cheers for the replies, I'd already turned them down slightly but as they're linked to the B&O front speakers I didn't want to turned them off. Can't understand why they aren't linked to the doors like the overhead interior light, if Mr Ford can manage this why not Audi? Anyway looks like I'm going to have to steer clear of bright trainers in the future if they're going to be in the spot lights all the time. :haha:

I'm sure when I set mine up, you could adjust the B&O independently. Have a really good play and see what you can achieve - I might be wrong but don't think so!

Reactions: Rob2k68
I can't really see why footwell lighting is distracting. You don't look down there when driving.
Mind you - I agree that that argument translates to why have them on all the time anyway!
But it certainly doesn't bother me, and it helps the ladies to see when they are finding stuff in their handbags (whoops - sexist comment)

Reactions: slayaz
I'm sure when I set mine up, you could adjust the B&O independently. Have a really good play and see what you can achieve - I might be wrong but don't think so!

I agree ! Pretty sure doors and footwell are independent of one another.