For Sale ....:(

Eeef

Lord of War
Reaction score
Well, It's time to say goodbye to my A3 :(

My wife & I are starting a company renting out pre 67 VW split screen campers so I need the cash.

Misano Red A3 2.0tdi DSG S-Line
Full Votex kit
R32 Alloy gear paddles
options listed below (although I'll refit the Concert2)

March 05 car, tax till march

Exclusive offer for AS.net viewers, I will pay for the next service which is due in about 4k miles.

Make me an offer....

What you getting instead mate?

Will be sad to see a fellow southerner go from the forum, especially such a major contributor with a great sense of humour!

Give us a kiss you big softy ;) Thanks for the kind words though.

Apart from the split I need to source a cheap as chips, probably diesel runaround. Looked at Mkivs as I've been there before, and whilst it wasn't as nice as the A3, it was more reliable. Probably more than I want to spend though. Max budget is prob about £5k, although less would be better as it'll give me more to spend on the resto of the split.

Just about to look at Seats to see what my money will get me there.

I might still loiter about the forum though, if only to bait Bowfer ;)

cdb2 said:
What you getting instead mate?

Will be sad to see a fellow southerner go from the forum, especially such a major contributor with a great sense of humour!

Have you been reading the same posts as the rest of us... :D

Sad to see you go Eeef, but this selling your A3 must be catching. Mine's going too. Selling up to get rid of the missus and back into town. So i've decided on something small and cheap, a brand new MCS.

MB, what are they like to live with.......runs and ducks for cover :)

Me too. Although for different reasons - inherited a 5 year old A4 from my father, and it makes sense to sell the younger more expensive car before moving onto the TT early 2007.

Autotrader was useless. Was in it for two weeks at a reasonable price, but only two calls and they were both umming and erring about whether they would come a see it. Never did. I've it in a group of local newspapers for now. Dealer only wanted to give me £12,500, which is just below book for a standard car with average mileage. Taking the p1ss.

Karcsi, what age is yours?. I've been offered 13,900 for mine which has 40k miles on it, so not too bad an offer. Oh and a loan car till 1st sept.

Karcsi said:
Autotrader was useless. Was in it for two weeks at a reasonable price, but only two calls and they were both umming and erring about whether they would come a see it. Never did. I've it in a group of local newspapers for now. Dealer only wanted to give me £12,500, which is just below book for a standard car with average mileage. Taking the p1ss.
Love it or hate it, there's only one place to sell a car quickly these days - eBay. If you're unsure what your car is worth, eBay will sort it out for you. As long as you remain firm about payment methods, tyre-kickers and test drives, you shouldn't have any problems.

Start the bidding at the best PX value you've been offered and put no reserve on.

Japper said:
Karcsi, what age is yours?. I've been offered 13,900 for mine which has 40k miles on it, so not too bad an offer. Oh and a loan car till 1st sept.

3 years old in September with 27k miles. Full leather, xenons, BOSE and some other extras. It's virtually spotless - just two minor abrasions. In interior is spotless. The dealer said that it should be snapped up in an instant, and they would be putting it on the forecourt at 15-15.5k. He told to sell it privately and ask 14-14.5k for it, as I should have no problems selling it. Yet... OK, it's only been two weeks, and I'm in no hurry. 14.5k is perhaps a bit on the high side, but everyone knows asking prices are negotiable. But I think that's not the problem. There are too many on the market at the moment, and I don't think people are particularly looking for a car at the moment - World Cup, holidays. Plus, I doubt the fact that it is chipped helps as it does bump up your insurance premium a fair bit.

benw123 said:
Love it or hate it, there's only one place to sell a car quickly these days - eBay. If you're unsure what your car is worth, eBay will sort it out for you. As long as you remain firm about payment methods, tyre-kickers and test drives, you shouldn't have any problems.

Start the bidding at the best PX value you've been offered and put no reserve on.

I think that would be a good idea. Although I know I could sell it quite easily for a grand more than the dealer has offered. But I'm looking for a bit more, and I don't think people are generally interested in buying a 14k secondhand car privately. Although I don't think they fully realise how much cheaper it is to get an aftermarket warranty than to pay the dealer forecourt premium.

I think the going rate is 59% of the original value at 3yrs for the A3. The extras dont make it more expensive second hand, just more saleable. At £14.5k that your asking yours would have had to be £24.5k(without extras) new to keep in this ratio. IMO your asking too much for it although you are slightly lower than average mileage.

dandle said:
The extras dont make it more expensive second hand .

So you wouldn't be prepared to pay more for your car than a bog standard version without any extras?

Mine was 23.5k new. Yes, 14.5k is the higher end of the price range (59% is a guide of what the market is doing, not rule). But there are still many more that are on offer at higher prices.

Karcsi said:
. But there are still many more that are on offer at higher prices.

That's just it: They are being offered for sale at that price. Doesn't mean to say that they are selling and in the current market, I can tell you now, they won't be.
I'm in car finance and things are VERY slow at the moment. Dealers are packed out with stock and some of the p/x prices my customers are getting for their cars are thousands (literally) below trade price. Its very scary.....

Exactly, which is why I'm not asking those higher prices. It's a balance of time and money - sell faster at a low price, or take your time at a more reasonable one. I'm in no hurry to sell.

Why is the market so slow at the moment? Summer? World Cup? Threat of higher interest rates?

Japper said:
MB, what are they like to live with.......runs and ducks for cover :)

If your not doing a lot of miles they are not too bad. ****** lousy on fuel though! I only used to get low 20's if I was having a thrash to work!

My daily commute was 155 miles when I had mine and it simply isn't a car to cover those sort of miles in.

Plenty of space in the front of them though, pathetic boot but people don't buy MCS' for practicality reasons!

Not the best built car I have ever owned though, I believe they are improving the build quality all the time though. The interiors mark really quickly (they are very easily scratches) as well. The plastic dash board used to fall apart, on a b road dash bits of the dash board would pop off!

Cult following though! There's a guy in the states who makes solid turned gear knobs for them, cost about £65 and definately a worth while mod as not only do they look pretty cool they help smooth out the gear chnages.

Have a look on mini2.com for more info.

What colour are you going for? Buying new?

J.

J.

marriedblonde said:
If your not doing a lot of miles they are not too bad. ****** lousy on fuel though! I only used to get low 20's if I was having a thrash to work!

My daily commute was 155 miles when I had mine and it simply isn't a car to cover those sort of miles in.

Plenty of space in the front of them though, pathetic boot but people don't buy MCS' for practicality reasons!

Not the best built car I have ever owned though, I believe they are improving the build quality all the time though. The interiors mark really quickly (they are very easily scratches) as well. The plastic dash board used to fall apart, on a b road dash bits of the dash board would pop off!

Cult following though! There's a guy in the states who makes solid turned gear knobs for them, cost about £65 and definately a worth while mod as not only do they look pretty cool they help smooth out the gear chnages.

Have a look on mini2.com for more info.

What colour are you going for? Buying new?

J.

J.

Going for the dark silver with black roof / mirror caps and the Chilli pack with the S spoke alloys, auto aircon and TLC.

Was yours pretty similar spec J ?

Very similar, I had dark grey, black roof, black bonnet stripes, chrome mirros, chilli pack, auto wipers, HFS, tinted windows.

J.

Oh missed out one thing! Ditch the run flats at the first possible opportunity!!! The difference in ride/handling with normal tyres is amazing. God only knows why they think R/F are a good idea. also don;t watch a runflat being removed/fitted. Brutal is an understatement!

J.

marriedblonde said:
Oh missed out one thing! Ditch the run flats at the first possible opportunity!!! The difference in ride/handling with normal tyres is amazing. God only knows why they think R/F are a good idea. also don;t watch a runflat being removed/fitted. Brutal is an understatement!

J.

Cheers J, i meant dark grey not silver, so same combo as yours. Surely the trim is not that bad is it !, even renaults are not that bad and I thought the mini had good press on the build quality.

Yeah the runflats are a bad idea and i have witnessed them being removed....Ahhhhh !

What did you get to pump up a flat, a mini mobilty set up ?. Is there any space in the boot to fit this ?.

Yep. Probably just a matter if time - and the right price, whatever that is. Although, the advert's been there over 50 days.