Force Map Update

screeched

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to force a refresh of the maps in the MMI? Somehow my unit has failed to install one of the updates and now keeps telling me there is an update, but when I go to apply it fails. I've tried rebooting the MMI (hold the volume dial depressed for about 20 seconds until the unit reboots), but each time it tries to update I get the same error. Ideally I'd like to download the complete set from myAudi and apply via SD, but it just fails to apply. Does anyone know if there is a way to force a complete refresh of the maps from SD or USB?

I'm getting a similar thing, been getting the update prompt in the MMI and it fails with "unknown error".
I've done the full map update via SD card from the myAudi site, it was 26GB so still took a while.
I now still get the update prompt in the MMI and it still fails even though I've already got the latest maps.
You can do a system reset in the MMI; I did the navigation settings reset which made no difference.
So I may do a full system settings reset, to see if this sorts it.
I've also noticed that Personal Route Assist has not worked for a while ever since I rebooted the MMI, following problems getting my phone to connect to the car's Wifi.

I'll post a pic of my map version and maybe we can see if we're on the same?

Mine is doing this also. Glad i'm not the only one.

Reactions: DaveW
I spotted this today also, as I just happen to glance down at the screen.

My car came with maps version PO281_EU_2019.1. Is that what everyone else is running?

Does anyone know if there is a way to force a refresh of the maps in the MMI? Somehow my unit has failed to install one of the updates and now keeps telling me there is an update, but when I go to apply it fails. I've tried rebooting the MMI (hold the volume dial depressed for about 20 seconds until the unit reboots), but each time it tries to update I get the same error. Ideally I'd like to download the complete set from myAudi and apply via SD, but it just fails to apply. Does anyone know if there is a way to force a complete refresh of the maps from SD or USB?
6F85CE90 CBB7 46C4 845F 236BABDC5C80
CE68C80C 6EB5 4102 A15E 74C8C01A6EF5

I have the same issues on my a7. I’ve contacted Audi connect and this is the reply I got

Upload 2019 6 24 20 30 59
Upload 2019 6 24 20 30 59

It appears that they pushed out a map update that they didn't want to release however the software notification for the update has been flagged on our MMI's thinking it's available.

I haven't noticed the prompt for a couple of days now, so hopefully they have sorted it.

Yes someone posted on the A4 B9 forum that the 2020 map was pulled for technical reasons...

Just got in my car for the drive home, and my update started downloading. Got to about 80% before I got home.

SmE3FWc.jpg

SmE3FWc

Reactions: cuke2u
I haven't noticed the prompt for a couple of days now, so hopefully they have sorted it.
Had it this evening
I spotted this today also, as I just happen to glance down at the screen.

My car came with maps version PO281_EU_2019.1. Is that what everyone else is running?

Don’t know if it makes any difference but I have an A7

Upload 2019 6 25 21 27 23

Just got in my car for the drive home, and my update started downloading. Got to about 80% before I got home.

SmE3FWc.jpg

SmE3FWc
Which navigation database version do you have mine is below. Just checked this evening and still getting the error message
Upload 2019 6 25 21 31 16

I did the full download from the website back in April and have 2019.3 (I have the standard navigation system not the tech pack and that may make a difference). Also if you do the OTA download it only downloads the map for the area you are in. One of the reasons I did the full download was because having done the OTA process it had only updated south east England which is not much help if you are travelling further afield. Also I noticed that a roundabout near me that had been completely redesigned 12 months ago is still not updated, yet the maps in my wife’s golf were updated before it had even been finished

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It may seem like first world problems but don’t like seeing errors at all. This has been happening since April 19. The fact that the update has been caught in a loop doesn’t help. Everytime the car is started the map tries updating only to come up with an error

So the next time I was in the car last night, the download completed, and it all installed without a hitch. The version of my maps hasn't changed though from what it was before the update, so no idea what's going on. I've checked all countries in the database, and they are all the same. This is my full version:

K6qO3EH.jpg

Well I got the update prompt and error message this morning. I updated the navigation via SD card over a week ago and my version details are as below:

20190626 140525

I noticed your software version is a newer build than mine, I got my vehicle mid-December so I'm guessing your vehicle is more recent.

Just to add confusion I took this photo o the 18th of June and my version is .4

Attachments

• 9841E49C-C185-4AE3-8CBE-D62D0E6E227E.jpeg
    9841E49C-C185-4AE3-8CBE-D62D0E6E227E.jpeg
    739.4 KB · Views: 245
Upload 2019 6 27 13 30 30

On the website I only have access to the map for all of Europe,NOT the regional updates as everyone seems to have.

When I have tried download onto an SD card I do not get the usual mib1 and mib 2 rather I get two folders named meta and data which are not recognised by the mmi anyway.

Still getting the error message today

That's what I got but it worked. Have you put the two folders in the root of the SD card and not within another folder?

Couple of questions. Are you using a windows or Apple machine? I found that when using a Mac I could not select the SD card as the destination for the download to unzip to and when copying the files from the folder to the SD card, like you the car did not recognise it. Also when using a Windows machine - where i could select the SD Card as the destination - I originally tried using an Ex-Fat formatted 64gb SD card and the car did recognise that, but then I switched to a Fat32 formatted 32Gb card it worked fine

Can anyone download the map update from the myAudi site? All i get is a 9kb size .jnlp file
Once you have the .jnlp file you then run that and that will do the download of the 13.3Gb data file, which comes down as a single compressed file and the decompresses to Data and Meta directories and the WMPInfo file. If you do not have jave installed on your machine you will need to install it to run the download file

The online update finally worked this morning and updated to 2019.4

The online update finally worked this morning and updated to 2019.4

Can confirm that mine has also installed to .4 and the notification has finally gone!

ive got the online map update switch flicked to ON, but nothing has happened and car is still running a 2018 map...
Running a new A7 Sept 2018.

ive got the online map update switch flicked to ON, but nothing has happened and car is still running a 2018 map...
Running a new A7 Sept 2018.

Do you have a working data connection, are you signed into your myAudi account in the MMI?
Cheers,
Dave

Do you have a working data connection, are you signed into your myAudi account in the MMI?
Cheers,
Dave
yep, data definitely working, myAudi should be signing me in automatically, but will double check