Forge Alloy Wheel Spacers yey or nay?

jakeA42T

Reaction score
Does adding spacers make any real differents to looks or handling?

I put forge 11mm spacers and 12mm on the rear and it made such a difference to looks and handling mate, but i did mine when i fitted coilovers so it depeneds.

By how much did you drop it? What size alloys did you have, i've got 18's.

I was also thinking about doing this - something like 10mm spacers front and rear and an Eibach pro-kit on my 08 S Line SE which already has the red sports suspension.

Are there any potential downsides of this kind of set up?

Got forge 11mm ones on the front of mine,eibach 12mm on the rear,not sure about stance,i lowered the front with the b5 spring support plates so now the car is level whereas it was higher on the front.With the spacers on the front sits i think too wide with standard camber,but the rear with 12mm on looks spot on. With no standard camber adjustment i may take off front spacers until i get some adjustable camber arms.In the process of changing all the front end to meyle hd kit so will see what it looks like after alignment.

I've just fitted the eibachs and it certainly feels different. The ride is a lot smoother but not too sure about the handling, it feels a bit skittish. I need to get my alignment checked before I make a true assessment.