Forge pressure Intake valve?

Zman6000

Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone any experience or info on these new valves? Apparently the spring in our recirc valve can be really weak or strong if you have one of these? Not many about and never seen one fitted? Just fitted a new tip today aswel a lot of scratches and swearing but got it done eventually lol must say it's much easier to tighten the jubilee clip into the turbo from underneath imo.....

If you are giving money away I'll have some... need it to fix the S3 and the A2 lol ;)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Jeriho and Tj 0785
Translation: The stock diverter valves are the best option, they can handle around 2 bar/29psi without leaking.

Reactions: Zman6000
If you are giving money away I'll have some... need it to fix the S3 and the A2 lol ;)

<tuffty/>
If you don't know you have to ask.... forge say there the best thing since sliced bread (of course they will) just wondered if anyone had any experience with them? Not throwing money away just trying to make the car run/handle boost as best as poss.

Translation: The stock diverter valves are the best option, they can handle around 2 bar/29psi without leaking.
Yeah got a stock diverter valve 710n one seems ok just heard about these the other day thanks away bud

Forge ones require servicing every year approx £20 for a service kit. Can almost buy a new oem valve for that every year. And the oem one has been proven to work on high power used and abused cars

In principle the theory behind this thing is sound... the pressure at the turbo end of the charge pipe is indeed higher than in the manifold so adding more pressure to the top of the piston to help keep it shut under boost without having to resort to fitting stiffer springs is arguably a good thing... but this is assuming there is a problem in the first place and what is causing any boost loss due to it...

I think you would need to prove to yourself you are losing boost through the DV opening under boost like they suggest before justifying spanking 80 quid on it tbh...

Plus lets face it we all go out of our way to remove loads of problematic vacuum pipes... then spend a load on something thats not really needed adding a load of pipes back..

However plausible it is I have not seen anything that would suggest this would be worth buying at this time... maybe if you ran 3bar of boost... ;)

<tuffty/>