Forum upgrade

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
How are you all liking the new upgrade to the forum?

Reactions: B5NUT, MPH and Jcbmally
I don't mind it, I kinda like change.
Like most things the more you use things the better you get.

Reactions: Sandra and Jcbmally
For a Change....Change is good ....

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra and Jcbmally
I didn't see the need for change, I thought the old one was fine.
I'm getting used to the changes though.
The old software was getting slow and rather dated. Now it’s fast and and much sharper looking.

Reactions: Jcbmally, MPH, Frizzley and 2 others
There isnt any lag on any page loading now which is great. As Sandra said, previously it was like being back on dial up with how long each page took to load

A slight bit of constructive criticism is that everything just seems to be a bit chunky (nothing to do with my screen resolution as all other sites are good) but with the ads around everything too, on the main forum page I can only really see 3 or 4 threads. Within each thread itself you can only see 2 posts at a time (or 1 its a more than one sentence) which means you are endlessly scrolling. Ideally everything needs to be reduced by about 75%
It like we have selected 'extra large icons' in a microsoft folder structure

Would be good to see screen shot :) I work on a 4K screen that make things look small so it quite hard to always tell what others are seeing... Thanks for the help and the feedback

Reactions: MPH
Would be good to see screen shot :) I work on a 4K screen that make things look small so it quite hard to always tell what others are seeing... Thanks for the help and the feedback

Its also worth noting that it isnt a screen resolution issue, as other forums and sites I can see without issue, it is just Audi-Sport that is a bit chonk

Ok this is how some of us see the site.. It would seem that we need to find away to have it set at 75% of screen. I'm guessing that the reduce by75% was really reduce by 25% :) so it shows 75%.
Screen shot

Reactions: Alistair D
Ha, yes! 25% reduction is what I meant

Below is how I currently see the main page
Audi sport

Compared to another forum, you can see its mainly the height of each row that is different. Not all of us are fancy enough for a 4k monitor =p
Forum

Love the new layout and design plus its much more responsive. I also agree everything is quite "big" and could do with reducing about 25% like others have mentioned so you can see more of the threads/topics without having to scroll so much. Would be much easier on the eyes. This screenshot is on a 2K resolution monitor which is quite common these days. Great work though :)
Screenshot 2021 03 29 203030

It is a lot more responsive and doesn't hang like it used to.
The issue for me is I'm generally a mobile phone user and there is very little content on the screen and takes a lot of scrolling.
This is the home page
Screenshot 20210329 204200 Chrome

Compared to another forum, you can see its mainly the height of each row that is different. Not all of us are fancy enough for a 4k monitor =p
What's wrong with you, my laptop has 2 x 4k screens!!! :p I'll have to find another machine to have a play and see what I can do :) or maybe everyone needs a 4K screen. :)

Reactions: 5Phil3
OK I have had a little play and removed some of the padding.. Let me know what you think.. I am getting complaints from google about there not being enough space between thing for mobile so we might have to look for a different solution. I'll also have a look for a machine that has a low res screen :)

OK I have had a little play and removed some of the padding.. Let me know what you think.. I am getting complaints from google about there not being enough space between thing for mobile so we might have to look for a different solution. I'll also have a look for a machine that has a low res screen :)
Hi, I have a question related to my media content, image files some appear to have rotated 90 degrees before this some disappeared completely but seem to have reappeared :thumbs up: now when you click on the full-size image it appears in the correct direction? please shed any light you have on this thanks in advance Mark.