Free Mods ??

marwayg

Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody know of any free mods to do on a a3 3.2 V6?
Doesnt have to be performance mods! :arco:

What is a VCD ? :think:

hmm yeah debadge is good (id take my A3 badge off.. but what wud i need to do it?)

What is a VCD ? :think:

hmm yeah debadge is good (id take my A3 badge off.. but what wud i need to do it?)

Are you for real ?!!!! VCD is actually VCDS (please re-read my post) which is the electronic diagnosis system with which you can change lots of settings. It costs £250 to buy and you need to be able to plug it into a computer.

The badge is stuck on so you have to use your imagination ( and a bit of care and glue solvent ) to remove it.

De wiper (rear only ! ) leaves a hole in the rear screen which will need plugging with with something. Do a search on this forum for details.

Hmm...yeah, isnt it just the same as a VAGCOM? and what kind of things can you change?

Ill have a look around for a de wiper thread

Yes - it's the replacement for vagcom.

You can change things like - door unlocking method (one door/all doors), locking beep or not, auto window up/down, instrument lighting all on/ various other alternatives, drl's using headlights or foglights (with intensity adjustment), tickover speed etc. etc.

I've forgotten all the changes I've made.

wow... ill look into it mate! can i just get it done or do i have to buy the actual unit and do it myself??

debadge is a good free mod hair dryer and a length of fishing wire or thin string will do this , if there is a user near your area have a word with them and get them to change things for a few beer tokens most users are happy to do a bit of changing for you

Reactions: marwayg
wow... ill look into it mate! can i just get it done or do i have to buy the actual unit and do it myself??

There is a section of this forum called VCDS User map. That will tell you who lives near you who is willing to help, as Fran says, for a few beer tokens.

Check that out and see what the kit does before you consider buying. don't forget that a diagnostic scan at an Audi dealer can cost £100 and clearing fault codes will cost £50 so in the long run buying the kit can be a big saving.

If you want to buy contact forum member NHN who sells the genuine article and is a top notch guy.