Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) For A4/S4 (B9 Chassis)

Any idea why sometime the engine starts with one press, other times the first press just turns on the ignition and you have to press it again? Always with clutch down etc?

Mines the same, not sure why but doesn't seem to affect those with petrol engines.

Hi, Everyone.

Don't know if anyone can help, or has managed to find the parts to install a spare (space saver) wheel in the boot of a B9 2019 A4 Avant 45 Tfsi with B&O sound system.

Audi say its not possible, and wont even give me the part no.s for doing it. I borrowed a 19" space saver and it does fit in the boot under the floor so I don't know why they say it cant be fitted. If anyone knows of the parts no.s or a kit of the parts needed as it only comes with that stupid pump and sealer.

It's not just the wheel I need but any mounting parts, The correct Jack and tools.

Thanks

Dave.

Hi, Everyone.

Don't know if anyone can help, or has managed to find the parts to install a spare (space saver) wheel in the boot of a B9 2019 A4 Avant 45 Tfsi with B&O sound system.

Audi say its not possible, and wont even give me the part no.s for doing it. I borrowed a 19" space saver and it does fit in the boot under the floor so I don't know why they say it cant be fitted. If anyone knows of the parts no.s or a kit of the parts needed as it only comes with that stupid pump and sealer.

It's not just the wheel I need but any mounting parts, The correct Jack and tools.

Thanks

Dave.

Does anyone have a 2019 or earlier car with a space saver wheel installed in it? If you could post pics and part no.s of the jack, tools and any mounting parts (expanded foam) that you can it would help.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should really post this in the main A4 B9 forum, however you could always put in a parts request at the top of this page..

Try going direct to the parts guys and see if the foam bit fits. If that fits the other bits fit in the foam bit, or does in my 2016 anyway. Is yours Quattro though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

Got an interesting question maybe someone here can answer.

It regards the auto dimming interior mirror and door mirrors, on my old A4 Avant B8 you could switch the auto dimming on and off on the interior mirror. On my 2019 B9 I can’t find any way of switching it off. My question is it possible to switch it off, as I found it useful to have this ability?

I have had a look in the owners manual but can’t seam to find anything.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s on permanently, the small switch under the mirror disappeared some time ago.

I've had my July 2019 A4 Avant S-Line 40 TDI Quattro for 2 weeks now and am looking to find out if my Nav maps are up to date. For VW it's easy, with direct links to download the new maps and upload them onto your SD card and you're ready to go. Doesn't seem quite so simple with Audi.

I got "My Audi" registered properly, it seem the first owner never set it up as I had to scratch off the security panel to reveal my 10 digit password and all that. I thought i'd be able to determine if my set of maps is out of date once the car was paired to my phone and find a way to download them. I'm getting the impression that things don't quite work that way and that perhaps the car will download them if it deems they are out of date, now i'm connected?