From VW Golf GTi to Audi A3 - A natural Progression?

Simmo_Sportback_S_Line

Reaction score
My old car..... :(

of1t2x.jpg

It has served me well and is a beautiful car but there comes a time when you must move on!

My new car..... :)

photo-1.jpg

It is a 57 plate 170 S-Line DSG with only 29k on the clock, the spec is Cruise, Bose, Full Leather and Heated Seats.

I have a few mods planned and will update this thread as I go but I am staying along the lines of OEM upgrades.

My first port of call is tinted rear windows and some genuine mats, from there different alloys then who knows!

I welcome any advice/comments/suggestions.

Thanks for looking!!!

Ive still got my Anni, could not sell it after I bought a 57 A3 170 SB Quattro....

Nice car!

I had GTIs for 16 years before my current (and first) A3 sportsback. Still miss my 1983 Mk 1 1.8 the most.

I had a mk4 1.8T AUQ 180 bhp before my A3 so yeah I think it's a good progression. Nice looking car, I had those wheels on mine when I had it...

Natural progression if you get a proper engine! 2.0T is the way forwards.

Yh I had a mk4 GT TDI before getting the 2.0 TDI A3
It's a nice step up with the better cabin and smooth drive. My MK4 used to throw me about when I floored it, the A3 just pulls progressively

You car looks nice and has a good base spec. Hope your pockets are deep

Yh I had a mk4 GT TDI before getting the 2.0 TDI A3
It's a nice step up with the better cabin and smooth drive. My MK4 used to throw me about when I floored it, the A3 just pulls progressively

You car looks nice and has a good base spec. Hope your pockets are deep

The anniversary made a lot of noise in the cabin, constantly squeaking, my old 4Motion done the same, highly annoying! Whereas the A3 was just so quiet even for a diesel!

Why do you say you hope my pockets are deep?!

I'm not sure about natural progression.....3rd petrol turbo to 5dr diesel?? Have you aged a lot since buying the golf? lol.
I always wanted an anniv when I was younger buy by the time I could afford one I was looking for more speed!
Enjoy your new wheels, nice spec too.

Had an anniversary before really liked it but it was squeaky/creaky inside as has been said.

A3 feels better built and more refined, still getting used to having a tdi though as had a V6 4motion before.

Good choice :)

I'm not sure about natural progression.....3rd petrol turbo to 5dr diesel?? Have you aged a lot since buying the golf? lol.
I always wanted an anniv when I was younger buy by the time I could afford one I was looking for more speed!
Enjoy your new wheels, nice spec too.

The Anniversary was a 1.9 PD 150 BHP :haha:

My car before that was a V6 4Motion so I guess that is where I aged lol

Thanks for the comments guys, the modding has already started and I haven't even picked the car up yet haha

4569c7f3.jpg

Its also booked in for the windows tinted a week on Saturday :D

Like those mats mate, where did you pick those up from??

Love the motors mate, nice choice! The golf is lovely too!

Cheers,
Si

Hi Si, thanks mate

The mats are from Audi mate, cost £71 for the set, was going to get some S-Line ones off ebay but they had mixed reviews and I wanted the OEM look, I'm really happy with them.

I wouldn't say a GTI to an A3 is the natural progression. I would say a VW to an Audi is the natural progression.

Enjoy your car.