Front Brake Pad warning light issue

ukphillad

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wondering about an issue I seem to have recently. About a month ago, my front brake pads warning lit up the dash and I have immediately visited a garage to have the front brake pads replaced (they haven't been touched for about a year or so). After about a week, the car was due a service and the guys at Audi have replaced the rear brake pads for a good measure.
Since last week, the front brake pads warning light is randomly turning on and off. Sometimes it happens after a while of driving and sometime it will happen when I start the car up. Leave it parked for a few hours and the light will disappear.

Anyone any idea what could be causing this issue? Clearly the front brake pads are not worn out considering they were replaced recently.
Cheers for any input

Did this problem ever get resolved? I have the same - I suspect a dirty or broken connection somewhere but have yet to get round to tracking it down.

sounds like it may be a duff sensor or poor connection in the wiring.
The system used on VAG is slightly different to other cars.
Typically you have one wire going to the sensor and when the pad wheres down that wire gets earthed which puts the light on.
Problem with that is that is the wire brakes somewhere then when the end is earthed this won't be seen.
VAG more complicated but better solution is to use a wire loop.
So the sensor wire goes all the way to the pad and returns. If it earths then the pad is worn out and the light comes on. If the circuit goes open circuit because of a poor connection the light also comes on.
I suspect that the pad sensor wiring circuit has a poor connection somewhere.

Karl.