Front camera recall

Audidave69

Reaction score
Just had my first service and was informed that front camera needed reprogramming, as I’ve added a few bits :) I thought I’d lose my high beam assist, TSR, and lane assist, but as I drove home every thing is still working.
Apparently it improves the cameras field of view.
Just hope they don’t ever need to update MMI as I’ll need a week off work to code it all back in again :)

Reactions: rasA4 and DarkyUK
Had mine also done at the car's last service. As the a5 and the a4 are the same platform's they have the same recall's it seems...

What version is your module A5 on now Dave? Mine is as below:

Address A5: Frt Sens. Drv. Assist (R242) Labels: None
Part No SW: 8W6 907 217 A HW: 8W6 907 217 A
Component: BVS H15 0050
Coding: 0404090300000403024023A2A50000FC10F0C020C280
Shop #: WSC 17873 123 50804
ASAM Dataset: EV_BVSMLBevKOSTAAU736 002026
ROD: EV_BVSMLBevKOSTAAU736.rod
VCID: 40D9BCC9DA01C9A7DE5-8014

49387BA3 399B 486C 8A38 C3EAF891706C

It looks like ours are different....

Front camera for what??? I've just had my A5 serviced and they never mentioned it!

Service Campaign 90K9, according to my service sheet from a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: cuke2u
Mine was done when they had the car in to replace the dashboard control unit, so clearly not of major concern as no official recall comms.

Incidentally car recovered today after same symptoms manifested themselves as before they replaced the unit (£2,500) under warranty. Car completely died battery also appears to have died car only 22 months old! No electrics gear selector locked in park, hand brake locked in on position total nightmare couldn’t even open the boot to get at the warning triangle after the battery discharge meant no hazards, had to drop the seats and crawl into boot not easy as electric seats dead obviously!

At least I learnt how to get the handbrake off manually, orange tool in the boot is used to turn a heaxagonal bolt that resides under the cup holder rubber base when lifted out you can get access and rotate through 90 degrees to release the handbrake manually.

Mine was done when they had the car in to replace the dashboard control unit, so clearly not of major concern as no official recall comms.

Incidentally car recovered today after same symptoms manifested themselves as before they replaced the unit (£2,500) under warranty. Car completely died battery also appears to have died car only 22 months old! No electrics gear selector locked in park, hand brake locked in on position total nightmare couldn’t even open the boot to get at the warning triangle after the battery discharge meant no hazards, had to drop the seats and crawl into boot not easy as electric seats dead obviously!

At least I learnt how to get the handbrake off manually, orange tool in the boot is used to turn a heaxagonal bolt that resides under the cup holder rubber base when lifted out you can get access and rotate through 90 degrees to release the handbrake manually.

Crikey, and I thought I had figured a lot out when I climbed through to the boot to manually open it, was my own fault though as I drained the battery flashing some controllers, had the ignition on but not the engine running and for some reason ODIS was running incredibly slow. After that I then realised you can jump start them from the front too :)

Audi techs say fault tracking has them believing it is the battery that is the issue, not convinced myself but I will find out hopefully not the hard way! Also say it could have caused the dashboard control unit to fail, again remain to be convinced.

Also told I have to replace all four tyres on a Quattro if differential between tread on front compared to back is more than 3mm as this could cause issues with the diff! I would have thought that was not an issue on a Quattro maybe on a permenant 4x4 with a 50:50 front back ratio, any body got an informed view?

Reactions: Alnicopro