Front fog light grille blocked in

Phlipper1

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the front fog light grilles are blocked in....particularly when open vents would help increase ventilation around the OE inter-cooler.....

On what bumper? SE? S-Line?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

To be honest I don't think there's much intercooler behind there buddy, mainly the moulded ends and hoses plus a little wire loom for fogs, I would suggest keeping them blocked to prevent possible stone damage to the ends of the intercooler! Unless you upgrade to a FMIC and have some nice coloured pipes to show off!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers for that. It looked obscured by the sub frame, so opening up the vent probably wouldn't help that much. I wasn't looking for any large gains. If the original IHI turbo packs up I was going to throw on a hybrid, so I was only looking for some small improvements in cooling and breathability.

My old 2.0tfsi avant s line 2010 there is a cover that clips off the rear fog lamp grill on the nearside. If not nearside it's definitely the offside. As it is designed for cooling in warmer climates.

I did get a mechanic to show me where it was, it appeared to be offside, below the centre and radiator. Manufacturers appear to prefer opening up both of the front fog light grilles and have 2 smaller ICs as opposed to a large front mounted centre IC (i.e. Golf R, S3 and M1 series).