Front grill chrome trim/surround; can it be replaced on its own?

c_w

Reaction score
I've got an A3 Sportback and the chrome border part of the grill has chipped off quite badly at the bottom - I was wondering if you could just replace this chrome surround rather than the whole grill? If so does anyone know any part numbers by any chance?

If its the face lift I was told by Audi that its sold as a complete grill only, I would be keen to get a part number too if anyone has bought just the surround.

Yeah if its the 05-08 shape then yeah it splits, I did mine easily enough. If its the 08- facelift then they are one piece.

have to tke the bumper off to fit tho....well drop it a little...

As said mate, year dependant! If its same shape of grill as my car then it can be replaced yes

Would you be interested in 2nd hand? I've got an 06 S-Line Sportback and hope to change the outer for a black version.
Let me know if your interested.

Thanks for the replies. Mines a 57-plate so is pre-facelift.

Motox, I might try TPS first and see how much a new one is as it's only 3.5years old and quite badly pitted/delaminated so might just get a new one.

Thanks for the replies. Mines a 57-plate so is pre-facelift.

Motox, I might try TPS first and see how much a new one is as it's only 3.5years old and quite badly pitted/delaminated so might just get a new one.

Just under £70 from Audi !

Sorry to renew an older post but can anyone confirm that the normal A3 Sport grill chrome will fit on an s-line grill?
I just bought the s-line grill on eBay (luckily very cheap) but the chrome is a little scratched with 1 nasty stone chip. My old A3 grill chrome is mint so I'd like to swap the chrome rather than buy a new one.

Your help will be much appreciated. :)

yea man i think shud be fine;) think the s3 are the same too...feel free to correct me peeps:shrug:

S3's Grills are a little shorter in depth (so I'm told) so will only fit S3 specific bumpers.

Cheers guys. Yes, I too thought the S3 grill was different but just wanted to clarify if the chrome can be swapped between an s-line and normal A3 grill. Apparently it can so I'll give it a go and report back ;)

Thread from the dead! Can you get the chrome grill surround on its own for a S3 8P pre facelift?

For confirmation... . Could anyone please confirm whether the s3 grill was different? I was hoping this (Audi A3 8p Black Edition Grill #111657592189) would replace my the black edition grill on my 2012 S3? Can anyone confirm the s3 part number?

Cheers,
Will

The part no. for 2012 S3 grille is 8P0 853 651 then either Q R or S at the end depending if you have park sensors etc. Normal A3 is the same part no. but with either M, N or P at the end. It will fit ok but it's just for an A3 not S3

Reactions: Mario8P
Thanks so much for taking the time to get back to me and clarifying the situation!

Best, Will

Reactions: LukeTripod87
The part no. for 2012 S3 grille is 8P0 853 651 then either Q R or S at the end depending if you have park sensors etc. Normal A3 is the same part no. but with either M, N or P at the end. It will fit ok but it's just for an A3 not S3
Hi Luke may I ask if you can provide me with the black grille part number for 2010 S3 sportback with PDC sensors please?

Sure I'll check when I'm back in work Tuesday

Reactions: Mario8P