Saloon Front Grille Replacement

kayeng

Reaction score
Hello all,

Had a minor fender bender today, absolutely gutted, specially since it was mostly my fault. Haven't taken it in yet for a proper look but a quick glance shows some cosmetic damage to the hexagon grille and license plate holder in multiple places and a minute paint chip on the edge of the bumper. It is highly unlikely that the insurance will allow replacement of the grille. However, I have also read on multiple forums that the entire bumper has to be removed to replace the grille. Can anyone confirm this is actually the case or can the grille be replaced independently? Also, could someone direct me to a source of spares other than through Audi. A quick search online was futile as most stores don't reflect the 8V RS3.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Hello all,

Had a minor fender bender today, absolutely gutted, specially since it was mostly my fault. Haven't taken it in yet for a proper look but a quick glance shows some cosmetic damage to the hexagon grille and license plate holder in multiple places and a minute paint chip on the edge of the bumper. It is highly unlikely that the insurance will allow replacement of the grille. However, I have also read on multiple forums that the entire bumper has to be removed to replace the grille. Can anyone confirm this is actually the case or can the grille be replaced independently? Also, could someone direct me to a source of spares other than through Audi. A quick search online was futile as most stores don't reflect the 8V RS3.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.
The front bumper does indeed need to be removed in order to get at / change the grill. Best to contact your local Audi parts department with your reg / chassis number and they will be able to quote for the correct parts.

sorry to hear mate.

easy enough removing the front bumper anyway, I had mine off to fit my intercooler.

Took the car to the Audi body shop, they had the front bumper off for a close look and found multiple cracks in the hex grille including the associated plastic pieces at the back but no damage/bend at all to the front crash bar. Insurance approved replacement of the complete hex grille assembly but have to wait at least 2 weeks for the spares to reach me. Just hope the repair and subsequent fitting of the bumper is as close to factory finish as possible