Front Interior Light Pack Roof Light + Rear? Advice needed

Dubjam

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey all

im looking to swap the dome light module to the light pack one, the one with the red LED's and map reading lights. I think the part number is 8E0 947 135 D 6PS, for a black one. (my car has the biege ones fitted)

Question is, is there an equivalent rear one as well? Cant seem to find it at all

Cheers for any advice!

I think there is but imo it's not as good as the other. Ones a full piece one that comes on with the fronts and the other has two buttons for turning on individual lights (no where near as bright), same size as the smaller lights on the front light unit.

yes i thought there was, but ideally i want them to match you see, hence wanting to change, but this forum is definitely not the most helpful :) the curse of being a newbie i guess!

Yeah, no one has the interior light pack in their cars obviously . :)

Thanks buddy,i had clocked that thread, but the first half, the first number is correct for the black pod which is the one I am changing too but, the second number is just the standard one that is fitted.

So does that mean, there is no black rear unit to match the front?

the second set of number are for an 8L, not 8P

Thanks buddy,i had clocked that thread, but the first half, the first number is correct for the black pod which is the one I am changing too but, the second number is just the standard one that is fitted.

So does that mean, there is no black rear unit to match the front?

the second set of number are for an 8L, not 8P
You sure the second number is for an 8L and not an 8P? It features again in this thread and seems to suggest it has independent map lights: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ambient-lighting-part-numbers.66421/

I have an 8P and am also looking to do the rear lights as I just have the standard single light back there.

Look up the part number, and youll see what its for (8L) or an A4

I have the interior light pack and it has the black rear map lights, I don't know what the part no is for it, but it does exist.

But yea the normal rear light is better, it functions much better as an actual light, the 2 lights are tiny and crap