Front parking Sensor Retrofit

antowens

Car Nut
Reaction score
Just looking for info on retrofitting front parking sensors

i have the rear and i always wish i had fronts to go with it i dont want no cheap set of ebay specials (apologise if you have these each to their own) i would like it to be standard factory sensors which will also display on my headunit like the rears do

anybody know what is involved what bits i will need so on

thanks for all help in advance

If you're looking for a supply/fit then we can offer this, PM for more info :)

i would like to do it meself as i am that type of person who likes getting stuck in and likes a good chalange

I believe you can't retrofit parking sensors that show up on the head unit. Not even retrofitting genuine audi parking sensors will allow you to do that.

I believe you can't retrofit parking sensors that show up on the head unit. Not even retrofitting genuine audi parking sensors will allow you to do that.

I'd reckon having them connected to any discrete sounder might just save some repair bills, I'd also like to do something about that missing feature!

The kufatec page says it "upgrades an existing APS-system to APS-Plus with acoustic and optical display on the vehicle screen"

I've thought about fitting this but to do a proper job you need a bumper as otherwise you don't have the brackets on the outer sensors. Also change of grill required unless you put the sensors somewhere else.

Last edited:
I've almost collected all the bits now for this on my 8P3 apart from the grill sensors and the front looms.
The bumper and afaik the grill can be drilled and also the brackets to hold these can be purchased so it's not an issue retrofitting to an existing bumper.
I'm having to fit a new rear bumper as I have the audi retrofit ones atm which are too big for the oem sensors.
As long as the correct pdc module is used and the mk2 rnse if it's an A3, there is no reason why ops can't be enabled in the A3 or A4