Front "parking" sensors

zippyijk

Reaction score
On my A3 I've got 4 sensors on the front bumper, they defo look OEM, I can see the cabling behind the bumper but can't see where it goes. Thing is I've never heard them beep or dunno how I would actually use them/activate them?
I've got ETKA & Elsawin and I can't even find them on that?

Anyone any ideas? Does anyone else have an A3 with them fitted? How do they work/activate?

oh wait hold on i've just seen your sig. front parking sensors weren't available on the 8P until the 2nd facelift (MY09 onwards). they're definitely not OEM

Its a bit dark so hard to see but the 2 on either side of the reg plate can be seen here.

A3front-1.jpg

Nope, need to trace wiring through, they maybe have a hidden activation button, like oem ones do.

Nope, need to trace wiring through, they maybe have a hidden activation button, like oem ones do.

Ah that makes sense. There's 2 small buttons beside the steering wheel (a red & a green) which I'd never figured out what they were for and don't seem to do anything, I'd been told they might have been for a road angel? Tried them out there and nothing? Must trace the wiring. The previous owner had a RNS-e that they took out before they sold me the car....boooo. Was there a button on that for activating them maybe?

Nope there wouldn't have been anything like that on RNS-E