front/rear parking sensors not working on screen?

iky83

Reaction score
Hello there

I have a problem with my front/rear parking sensors as its not coming up on the screen when in reverse or going forward as it used to change automatically when in music or any other mode but now instead the 'P' button below the screen just flashes and beeps if that helps, image below when it worked few days ago and also the 'P' button under the screen lit up in amber??

View attachment 23717

So the pdc still beeps as normal when getting close to an obstacle, just no optical on rns?

no the pdc doesn't beep as normal just a double constant beep including flashing but no response at all if you no what i mean, doesn't even show me if I'm close to an obstacle both on screen and sound?

I would say a sensor maybe down, needs scanning to ascertain what's shut the system down.

its a 2005 a3 quattro sportback 2l but full conversion done from a 2011 S3 so it should still pick up on reader? where are you located?

Only system I trust to scan & help fix is vcds, reader who knows.

South East.

ok thanks for your help anyway but could i buy any sensor from ebay and replace it on this system if you would no?