Front/rear washers and rear wiper not working 2008 A3

subby

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive been searching the web for ages, without any luck.

Ive got a problem whereby both front and rear washer jets dont work, and also the rear wiper does not work.

From what i can make out from the diagram, they are both fed from the same supply - but i cannot find anywhere which relay is the one which could be faulty ?

Has anyone any idea which relay under the fusebox is the one that does this circuit ?

Thanks

Chris.

Unsure fella, but what i can tell you is im having trouble with my rear washer jet, it seems to dripple and then stop o_0

Front washer should be a case of using a needle and cleaning up the nozzles, you can remove the washer jets easy with the bonnet up.
The rear not working at all sounds like you have a common issue where the rear wiper motor gets clogged up due to bad design and then gets wet and kills itself.
I had that on mine when I first bought my car, replaced it with a new wiper motor (D rev I think) and since it's all been good.
Have a search (use the sticky thread on the first page of the 8P forum to see how) for the rear wiper motor failing and you will get more detailed info.

Also for Jonathan, take the small double nozzle off the base of the rear wiper and use a needle to unblock it and maybe a little wd40. That should stop the dribbles

Front washer should be a case of using a needle and cleaning up the nozzles, you can remove the washer jets easy with the bonnet up.
The rear not working at all sounds like you have a common issue where the rear wiper motor gets clogged up due to bad design and then gets wet and kills itself.
I had that on mine when I first bought my car, replaced it with a new wiper motor (D rev I think) and since it's all been good.
Have a search (use the sticky thread on the first page of the 8P forum to see how) for the rear wiper motor failing and you will get more detailed info.

Also for Jonathan, take the small double nozzle off the base of the rear wiper and use a needle to unblock it and maybe a little wd40. That should stop the dribbles

Thanks for the reply :)

All the problems happened at the same time. The pump for the washer jets isnt running so i dont think its a nozzle issue. They were all working fine, then all stopped working, along with the rear wiper.

Hi did anyone find a fix to this I've checked the fuses and in getting power to them ive swapped the relays and still nothing's working has anyone got any ideas cheers

Mine has suddenly developed this fault, worked fine yesterday when it was raining cats and dogs....go to use the rear wiper this morning and nothing, no water coming from the washer to front or rear jets and the pump doesn't sound as though it's firing either.

Could this be a fault with the steering ECU module?