Front Splitter advice

RS5 JON

Reaction score
Hi, I'm asking this question for a mate who has just bought a b7 avant. What's the best option for a front splitter for this car, links & pics appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info.
JG

Hi John, Seat Cupra R splitter, ithink they are around £38 from a Seat dealer pal

Reactions: RS5 JON
Thanks Mac, any specific year of Cupra R?

No, all you need is a part number. Here it is; S1ML5805903. I paid £38 plus VAT (£45.61) for mine in April last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: RS5 JON and Macdoon
Hi folks, can you tell me how the splitter is fitted, is it a simple bolt on job?
Thanks again in advance for info.
JG

Hi folks, can you tell me how the splitter is fitted, is it a simple bolt on job?
Thanks again in advance for info.
JG

John I used self tapping screws pal, dead easy job, just line up exactly where the splitter is to go then I taped it to the bumper, pre-drilled through splitter and into bumper(just to be sure the bumper didn't crack/split then screws in, sorted
One other thing tho pal, there are two uprights on the splitter, these need to be trimmed down a bit to allow for smooth straight fitting

Hope that helps pal

Reactions: DuncVolvoTurbo, Av4nt and RS5 JON
Thanks Mac, as ever, your wealth of knowledge on b7 audi's has helped another mod'r.

JG

Reactions: jdp1962
I like the look of these as well, any issues in deep snow that you know of?

Haven't had any deep snow since it's been on, but don't imagine it would make that much difference, not at the speed I drive in snow (V Slow).

Reactions: SteveMcB and RS5 JON
Hi, I found your front splitter information, well...informative. I have a front splitter on my 2006 A4 S-Line and to be honest whoever painted it didn't take the time to prep it properly. Subsequently, although colour matched, it looks "stippled" (sort of what an Aero chocolate bar looks like on the inside) it's also rather chipped and the black plastic can be seen. So, rather than tidying it up, I thought I may as well buy a new one and do it properly. My only question, is it only the 2 self tapping screws that is holding it in place or did you also run a line of sealer/filler either side of the screws as in the photo's it looks to be a nice snug fit. It's just that I imagine the far ends of the splitter would flap about a bit if it was only secured in the middle. Nice pictorial...thank you.

Hi, I found your front splitter information, well...informative. I have a front splitter on my 2006 A4 S-Line and to be honest whoever painted it didn't take the time to prep it properly. Subsequently, although colour matched, it looks "stippled" (sort of what an Aero chocolate bar looks like on the inside) it's also rather chipped and the black plastic can be seen. So, rather than tidying it up, I thought I may as well buy a new one and do it properly. My only question, is it only the 2 self tapping screws that is holding it in place or did you also run a line of sealer/filler either side of the screws as in the photo's it looks to be a nice snug fit. It's just that I imagine the far ends of the splitter would flap about a bit if it was only secured in the middle. Nice pictorial...thank you.

The pic that shows two self tappers is for illustration purposes only, I think I used 12 in total, no sealer used

It is isn't it!! However, thanks for the offer.

No, all you need is a part number. Here it is; S1ML5805903. I paid £38 plus VAT (£45.61) for mine in April last year.

Oh, and is it from a Mk1 Seat Leon Cupra, think the part number may have a typo, can find plenty of 1ML805903s?! Or 1ML807221 also comes up but think that is the Leon Bumper itself?!

Cheers.

Cheers Mac and JDP - already enquired with Seat Plymouth - they keep them in stock for this very reason!! £44.24 - bargain mod!

Reactions: jdp1962 and Macdoon
By the way, when following Macdoon's advice and trimming the upright struts, don't take too much off. I did, and I had to retrieve the bits, adjust them and slide them back into place, securing them with clear adhesive.

By the way, when following Macdoon's advice and trimming the upright struts, don't take too much off. I did, and I had to retrieve the bits, adjust them and slide them back into place, securing them with clear adhesive.

Thanks for the tip - was thinking I'd have to be careful not to take too much off!! Might not be an iminent mod, but will update once i've done it! Cheers again!

Reactions: Macdoon

Jdp how much are we looking to take off? Im attempting to fit one this weekend.

Oh, and is it from a Mk1 Seat Leon Cupra, think the part number may have a typo, can find plenty of 1ML805903s?! Or 1ML807221 also comes up but think that is the Leon Bumper itself?!

Cheers.

Can you please clarify if splitter part number is "1ML805903" or something else?

Checked my old one and it's the same number as Jeff posted.

Any dealer will know exactly what you're after without a part number, they're selling bucket loads of them these days, hence the price increase over the years.

There's also a site you can check part numbers on, www.google.co.uk!!

Reactions: jdp1962
Checked my old one and it's the same number as Jeff posted.

Any dealer will know exactly what you're after without a part number, they're selling bucket loads of them these days, hence the price increase over the years.

There's also a site you can check part numbers on, www.google.co.uk!!

It was Google that lead me to this thread! I already had one of the part numbers mentioned above but wondered if there was more than one type, tis all.

So, I fitted my splitter today. Totally changed the look of my car.