Front Steering / Suspension - rapid and uneven tyre wear - any ideas?

AlpineCab

Reaction score
Hi, title say's it all really,

The cars's a 2005 model, done around 260K now, so its only normal parts need replacing at this stage, and I've already replaced the front upper control arms about a year ago after an advisory.

Since then I've noticed:
- Generally twitchy steering, though not as bad as before replacing the control arms.
- Tyre wear on the front is now much quicker than expected, and especially so on the RHS.
- And, there's a creaking on the same RHS when coming to a stop.

There;s always been a general creaking when turning lock - to - lock, especially now the colder weather comes.

What are the usual suspects for this kind of thing? Most of the other posts seem to point to the upper which I've already done, so I had a quick look, with the RHS front wheel off, and can see a very slight wiggle on the lower wishbone, but can;t see what else it could be...

Any ideas what to look at next? Thanks.

What upper arms were fitted and have the lower ones ever been replaced ?

Id recommend getting a full meyle HD or lemforder kit with the solid track rod ends and a proper alignment with a hunter alignment system (kwik fit or main dealers)

Uppers were done at Audi dealer so OEM replacements

Lowers have not been done, nor track rod ends.

What tends to go first?

Get the lowers replaced and then get it aligned

Id say the lower arms are your issue if no history of being replaced especially at that sort of milage