Front strut mount to body torque settings?

Jamesholli

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know the torque settings for the three M8 10.9 bolts that secure the top mount to the body please?

Found the answer! Stage 1 - 15nm
Stage 2 - Further 90º

New bolts every time!

Doesn't need new bolts, reused mine multiple times, no issues over many years & yes 15 plus 90.

Doesn't need new bolts, reused mine multiple times, no issues over many years & yes 15 plus 90.
Cheers for the response, had a few issues recently with springs and a dodgy top mount, replaced them all with gen parts and noticed one of the bolts had a very slight bend to it. thanks for confirming the torque figure tho, thats reassuring to say the least :)

Someone's basically moved the strut with the bolts loose & bent it, I've loosened before for more movement, but knowing the tolerances of movement back, forth & I use snapon digi wrenches for all my & clients bolts, the vibration, beeps & led indicator are a godsend tbh, however the previous versions were utter shxt, everytime you turned a bolt tight, the battery connections in the handle would lose contact & reset the wrench, hence after a free repair, service by snapon, who btw are very bad head office service imho, I sold & bought the much much better newer generation, albeit £1500 later, but alas, precision is key.

Someone's basically moved the strut with the bolts loose & bent it, I've loosened before for more movement, but knowing the tolerances of movement back, forth & I use snapon digi wrenches for all my & clients bolts, the vibration, beeps & led indicator are a godsend tbh, however the previous versions were utter shxt, everytime you turned a bolt tight, the battery connections in the handle would lose contact & reset the wrench, hence after a free repair, service by snapon, who btw are very bad head office service imho, I sold & bought the much much better newer generation, albeit £1500 later, but alas, precision is key.
sadly I only have a norbar torque wrench but its calibrated through the place I work at as a mech engineer, it does the few jobs I need it too. I wasn't sure if the bolts had been over tightened, stretched and bent. I'll grab some 10.9's over the weekend and drop the struts out and remount them, if that doesn't cure it its going on eBay..

Would you torque the mount bolts with the vehicle on the ground or whilst the hubs off the strut?