Front struts replaced still rough ride ???

Wantboost

Reaction score
I replaced front struts on my b8.5 s5 with oem struts . It's better then when I replaced it but I find on the highway it's still rough over those bumps in the road. Compare to when the car was new
Also unless it's cause I'm use to the car doesn't feel as tight on turns .

How long do springs last and or when should they be replaced

Last edited:
* it's harsh over the buggles /ripples on thr road on the highway
When the car was new didn't make such a large impact sound in the car.... any ideas?

I even swapped to Michelin p4s a/s and not much of a difference

Springs usually last about 10 years or so, they eventually corrode and snap - usually at the base. Unless they are corroded and lost some piece if them their performance shouldn't degrade much I think.
If handling is not as sharp as it used to be, it's probably the bushings in Your suspension, in all the control arms, sway bars and frames. You can get a set of front or back control arms from Lemforder. But before that You should check the condition of Your bushings - do they have cracks.

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw

Reactions: Wantboost
Springs usually last about 10 years or so, they eventually corrode and snap - usually at the base. Unless they are corroded and lost some piece if them their performance shouldn't degrade much I think.
If handling is not as sharp as it used to be, it's probably the bushings in Your suspension, in all the control arms, sway bars and frames. You can get a set of front or back control arms from Lemforder. But before that You should check the condition of Your bushings - do they have cracks.

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw
Yes I find on off ramps car is not as tight .
The most annoying issue is the bulges in the road on the highway . Big impact in the cabin compare to when new .

What about tyres? Did you change size, brand or has the condition of them altered? Tyres can have an affect on cabin noises. Failing that is everything as sound as it should be mechanically?

Same size tires . Went from pzero to new Michelin pilot sport as4 and snow tires are blizzacks same issue with all