Frosty morning

Garrett 69

Reaction score
Been snowing in Brum over the weekend. Came out to over an inch thick layer of ice on the bottom half of the windscreen and a temp of -2°c.

Five minutes of the heater on full blast and I was peeling the ice away in big sheets :tearsofjoy:

Now at work in Cannock and it's -4°c.

How's your weather this morning?

Down in london I had alot of frost on the car but nothing crazy.

Hopefully it snows

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I had the foresight to brush all snow off the Amarok last night here in a Wintery wonderland Nottingham and then simply pressed the magic remote button this morning from the comfort of my bed so the wife could jump into a warm and fully defrosted truck this morning. Our Amarok came speced with the Webasto remote auxiliary heated, it's the best thing ever on cold frosty mornings. I waved her off to work slurping a hot mug of coffee as I WFH :bye:

This is the view from my landing window, looks lovely out there but cold as the outside thermometer was saying -3.1C brrr, I'll stay indoors today. Note the missing neighbours fence panels from the Fri/Sat winds. they tried refitting them on Sat and an hour later they blew down again.
20211129 084054Small

It's not cold chaps, more of a refreshing chill, this is how November should be and it's how I remember it when a small lad on the walk to school.
growing up in an old house with no central heating in winter makes you a tad more resilient to a slight chill...lol, good for you too.

Reactions: Garrett 69 and AlS3BE
It's not cold chaps, more of a refreshing chill, this is how November should be and it's how I remember it when a small lad on the walk to school.
growing up in an old house with no central heating in winter makes you a tad more resilient to a slight chill...lol, good for you too.
I remember school was still on when the snow was up to my knees, nowadays the school is called off with a light flutter of snow.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Garrett 69
Agree with both the last two comments. I ripped out the central heating in my house 6 years ago because it had been a botched install. I've never replaced it. My range cooker heats the whole house if I need it to, and it doesn't dry the air out like central heating does.

I particularly remember walking to Junior school in the autumns and winters of 1986/7 in shorts with snow over 2ft deep. Those were the days.

Reactions: AlS3BE
I thought houses have to be heated or they fall apart? Not sure if that right but i definitely heard below 17c or something

Been snowing in Brum over the weekend. Came out to over an inch thick layer of ice on the bottom half of the windscreen and a temp of -2°c.

Five minutes of the heater on full blast and I was peeling the ice away in big sheets :tearsofjoy:

Now at work in Cannock and it's -4°c.

How's your weather this morning?
Hi,

I dont think the Coventry rd from city centre to (A45)Cov was gritted well this morning. Felt my car sliding at slow speeds.

I thought houses have to be heated or they fall apart? Not sure if that right but i definitely heard below 17c or something

i grew up in a victorian unheated house, certainly was refreshing in the winter..lol

Reactions: Garrett 69