Fuel consumption of 2.0FSi and 2.0T

A4_2point4

Reaction score
Interested to hear what real-world figures people get ?

I'm always a bit suspicious of the 'official' figures.

I have owned 4 audis and they have always given me between their urban and their combined figure, give or take 1mpg.

My 2.0FSi gives me between 7 and 7.5 L/100km on the motorway and between 8.5 an 9.5 L/km in urban traffic

I do find that it makes a huge difference how you drive. This is probably the stratified mode at work. If you keep the revs down (I sometimes drive in 5th or even in 6th in town) the consumption can go down to 5L/100km. That is better than most diesels! Of course this is impossible to maintain if you want to enjoy the engine and not drive like an old fart... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sounds like diesel is the way for you to go.

I get about 8,5-9,0l in citydriving with small distances, lots of cold starts (reaaally cold starts). That's a very small reading.

At motorways, 6-8l/100km. JasonM, diesel isn't the most economic choice in every country. For example to me, it would cost more per year to have a diesel car, not to mention buying new teeth every two year of driving a tractor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Yak

My A3 2.0 T - if I drive conservatively around town I can get about 25 mpg but less the more you get the revs up. I am finding it fairly pointless to rev high in and around central/west london where I do a lot of driving. On the motorway I have been getting 30 mpg +. These are usually trips of between 1 and 2 hours. My DIS is telling me I have an avg mpg of about 26.5 since I started driving the car about 3 weeks ago. Not too bad actually I think.

Happy trails.

Cheers