Fuel filter change a6 avant 2011

Beno148

Reaction score
Hi all,

Next job is finishing off a service, I’ve done the air and cabin, going to do the oil next weekend weather dependant.

For fuel it’s different to the ones I’ve done in the past, and all the videos on YouTube show the old style filter, not the longer vertical one I have.

I see there is a guide in here but all the pics have expired so can’t work out if that’s the same one.

Any idea if it’s still easy enough to change, on my a4 was a cash of just filling the new one with some diesel and attaching it but looks like this may not be as easy/ or the case.

Thank you

Ben

Was in the same position as you, didn't knew how to change it.
I've overlooked a mechanic over he's shoulder on first service and now I do know.

You get the holder unscrew with size 10 (I think) spanner/socket and get the cover off. Hoses are held with spring clamps. Squeeze them to loosen and mover over.
Both sides done so you can wiggle the hoses off the each end.

Tip1: lay down some squashed tissues or cloth to absorb any spillages.

Tip2: remove first hose from the side where the fuel flow is going to, outlet.

You also need to fill the filter with fuel but you can also fill it in with additive, if you use them. That will be easier than getting only few drops from petrol station or your own tank.

Tip3: have the replacement filter and additive/fuel ready by the fuel filter area so you work cleaner.

Once the outlet hose removed, keep the hose up and old filter outlet up also. Fuel should not spill that easy but it may.
You attach new filter on the hose you just removed and fill the new filter with fuel/additive from intake end.
That done, just remove the filter intake hose from old filter and fit it on the new filter.
Clamps on and all back together.

I'm going to do it in few days as service is due on my motor also

Good luck

Sent from H P20 PRO

Update and correction.

Just got my fuel filter changed and realised after the injectors cleaner purchase that, they meant to be used with fuel of minimum 20 litres of the tank.

Didn't wanted to damage anything so poured only few mls of the additive to a new filter and topped it up with diesel.
Got a 5litre jerry can as will be driving to Europe in July so I could add the rest of the filter capacity.

Replacement was quick and all is good now.
Another tick above service stamp.

Sent from H P20 PRO

Delayed response so i never got round to it the first time (shakes head, i know)

I have just completed this on this service and rather than addative filled with some diesel (used a pump) and after a start was fine.

My brother has the obdeleven pro and figured out afterwards could of used that to prime it. Well heres to next time lol