Fuel Filter

odonald

Reaction score
Hi, two day's ago I changed my fuel filter, I took the car for a spin and the car kept kangarooing every so often, it did it again today, so park it up in my garage and decided to scan her, it told me that ; Fuel pressure regulation valve below lower control limit-TBD: What does this mean. The car is a 3.2fsi, thanks.

Have you installed the filter correctly?

If fuel pressure level valve shows any problems, that should mean, there is a problem with normal fuel flow. This is how I understand it.

Is that fuel pressure valve measures fuel pressure before the fuel filter or after?

We'll I tried the old filter back on the motor, just the same, so it isn't that, next I'll try a new fuel pressure sensor.

A bit of a long shot but I had a similar fault which ended up being my low pressure fuel pump which is located in the fuel tank.

To check if it is the same but am unsure if. Your 3.2 will be the same config as 3.0TDI?, start engine, open bonnet, follow fuel pipe from filter to wards front of engine where the high pressure pump is. Along this pipe on the diesels is a transparent pipe where you can check if the fuel within has air bububbles, if it has this will drop thee fuel feed to the high pressure pump and then air in to the fuel rail thus dropping fuel pressure which in turn feeds inconsistent fuel supple resulting with a jolting engine.

Not sure this is of help but something to check and tick off the list.....only if your 3.2 fuel pipes are roughly the same as the diesels.

Thanks i'll look to see if there is a transparent pipe.

Okay, I had got the fuel pipe twisted just past the filter.

Reactions: All-rod and KrisKrk