fuel filter

jimb000

Reaction score
Got caught with a faulty fuel filter recently away from home,went to audi dealers who fixed it on the spot (good boys)

quoted me 130 which i thought steep,when it was fixed dolly bird at the desk billed me £85ish

I tryed to get it for nothing with my audi approved used car warranty but they said fuel filter was a consumable item

What do you fellas reckon is it a consumable item???

Technically yes i guess it is consumable as it requires replacement. How long had it been on the car, I assume it was a genuine Audi part and you bought it from them?

Yes it is a consumable, replaced mine on the 1.9 TDi a few months back, costs about £13.

£85 to replace a fuel filter?!! :faint: I'm sure there's a reason why they're called "Stealers"

Yes it is a consumable, replaced mine on the 1.9 TDi a few months back, costs about £13.
Me too, cost £14 and a few minutes.

Got caught with a faulty fuel filter recently away from home,went to audi dealers who fixed it on the spot (good boys)

quoted me 130 which i thought steep,when it was fixed dolly bird at the desk billed me £85ish

Im not surprised they fixed it on the spot for that money.:faint:

Indeed, did mine for about £14 from Eurocarparts..... 10 min job too.

To all of you that got it done cheaper than me well done:applaus:
but when your in a strange town with wife and kids in the car and the smell of petrol is very strong,I didnt care how much it cost!!

But it would have been nice to get it under warranty.

It would have been nice to get it at a fair price,****** stealers.