Fuel guage

FazS3

Reaction score
Hi lads,

Fuel guage when under half tank jumps to empty even though there is fuel in the car.

I know there are 2 fuel sender sensors, but which one is more to be faulty?

There is one sensor which is £190 and the other is £50? anyone can give me any idea?

Cheers

Faz

Its most likely the £50, which is located in the actualy fuel tank itself, fairly easy to fix, obviously do it in a well ventilated area with no naked flames ;)

The fuel tank is in your boot and the sender is within this, its quite a fiddly job though, just coz of the fumes and getting into the boot!!

Its most likely the £50, which is located in the actualy fuel tank itself, fairly easy to fix, obviously do it in a well ventilated area with no naked flames ;)

The fuel tank is in your boot and the sender is within this, its quite a fiddly job though, just coz of the fumes and getting into the boot!!

Nice 1 fella, are these a common fault? seen them faulty on a few s3s now?

Looks like mines on the way out aswel, display showed 120 miles in tank, parked up, got back in 10 mins later, down to 60 miles.

Its a common fault on all the Audis!!!

Had it go on my A4 when i had that, but luckily not had the prob on this one, actually I had it go on my Golf a few years ago as well.

hmmm wonder if this is my current problem. seems to be staying very full atm and at the last fill up she took 57 litres but showed 1/4 full :(

are the said sensors avaliable from GSF / Eurocarparts???