Fuel Tank Size

Pork

Reaction score
can someone who has the larger diesel and adblue tanks please check if their service book has the option codes for these.

OM1 and FK2

I spec'd these but they don't appear on my optional equipment in the service book - filled up with fuel earlier and admittedly, the low warning hadn't come on yet but I only got 40 litres in :-/
Plus it said my range was 385 miles!

Sorry, prob worth mentioning it was my first fill up

Hey Pork , same thing happened with mine first fill up . Next time I filled I got around 48 litres in and the range now generally reads 535 ish .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Brian, thats a relief - I'd be filling up four times a week!

I have the larger tank on my 2.0 TDi 190 S-Line. My estimated range also gradually increased each time I filled up when the car was new. When I fill it now, my estimated range is usually 600+ miles, normally around 620, sometimes higher at around 635 miles

I had the same with mine. I wondered whether the fuel tank range sensor is initially calibrated to a standard tank size.

On the same note, any ideas why the S4 tank has reduced? Better combined MPG yes but, smaller tank must work towards cancelling out that extra range? It's not like the tank extra 3L of tank is heavier than 3L of fuel is it?

Just something bugging me...haha.

Filled today again and it was saying 630 miles

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thread back from the dead.......

But does anybody know the build code for the 54L tank on the B9 vs. the 40L tank.

About to pick up an ex-demo car on Friday and would like to know one way or another.

For future reference
0M0 = Standard 40L Fuel Tank
0M1 = Larger 54L Fuel Tank

FK1 = Standard size AdBlue Tank
FK2 = 24L AdBlue Tank

Wow, they really are trying everything to kill the diesel engine by diminishing any natural advantages it may have over EVs, aren't they, since it's not enough just to demonise them on emissions, especially on Euro6+? I was seriously looking at a ULEZ B9 diesel to replace my old but much loved B7 but 40 or even 54L? The B7 140PS Avant 2.0TDI has a 70l fuel tank and on a good day I have proven almost 800 miles on it. 2 years ago, coming back from Spain, I filled up at Bordeaux and by the time I pulled into Lytham, near Preston, I still had a 1/4 tank. I would take on any current EV across a long European time trail return trip - they can go as fast as they want. I'd really love a B9 and may still get one, but I'm keeping that old B7 for the long haul.

I guess the way to look at it is, that nearly everything on German cars is an option, and now they even have an option for how often you want to fill up with fuel :laughing:

Now for my next question does anybody know the part numbers for the different size tanks, and if you change from one size to the other is any coding needed.

I have the larger tank on my 2.0 TDi 190 S-Line. My estimated range also gradually increased each time I filled up when the car was new. When I fill it now, my estimated range is usually 600+ miles, normally around 620, sometimes higher at around 635 miles
Same here. so how much liters for sedan?

It's all because or WLTP regs. Tested at half full tank so lose 14L capacity and you save 7kg. Ridiculous but CO2 numbers sell.
My B9.5 35TDI has the 54L tank and range says 695-715 after a fill up. Happily go 650 miles between my 5 minute refill times!! Big fuel means big (24L) AdBlue. I'm just over 12000 miles and not had to touch that yet