Fuse box and relays

Loopyno

Reaction score
Hey I bought this car from previous owner and few weeks back I started to hear some electrical buzzing while I use full throttle and it was like from fuses under steering column. I can’t find any sources for relays only for fuses and I found this weird relay plus 2 fuses and I don’t think it should be there anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• F7CF54CA-C15E-455B-AD75-41B55CDC8B89.jpeg
    F7CF54CA-C15E-455B-AD75-41B55CDC8B89.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • EF075975-A88A-47AF-8072-AF729BA93161.jpeg
    EF075975-A88A-47AF-8072-AF729BA93161.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
Hey I bought this car from previous owner and few weeks back I started to hear some electrical buzzing while I use full throttle and it was like from fuses under steering column. I can’t find any sources for relays only for fuses and I found this weird relay plus 2 fuses and I don’t think it should be there anyone know what it is?
If you goggle the make song chain its comes up as a power relay,,,Google is your friend

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

its not factory fitted, i ran my dash cam wiring in a very similar way but you wouldnt use a relay for a dash cam, follow the wire that goes up the A-pillar and see what it leads to, previous owner mustve installed some accessory (could be lighting or radar detector or a whole number of things)

25amp fuse is large, wtf did they fit.

That's like someone has done a retro fit push button start ....I have fitted one for someone before on a Ford and looked like that sort of relay

Unless its controlling the starter directly, then I doubt it as these cars start via can, immo signal, 25a relay & on an 8V, I just dont see it personally.

I don’t think it’s that coz I was looking at exterior equipment in my Audi app and there is trailer hitch. I don’t think it’s aftermarket
Feed to tow bar electrics.

Colin
i don’t think so. Coz I have kesy door handles etc.
That's like someone has done a retro fit push button start ....I have fitted one for someone before on a Ford and looked like that sort of relay

I’m a bit scared to do that. Hope I’m not gonna break something
only way youll find out for sure is by following the wire up the A pillar

And what about the electrical sound? Did u hear about something like that?
anyway thanks for all answers :)

With respect, we're ******* in the wind here, answer is simple, follow the cables as advised, pointless us pretending to be mystics here.

Its switching a load that is high, so time to get hands dirty.

i mean if you just want to get rid of the buzzing noise you could just unplug it and leave the wiring there, although i am curious and im sure the others are too, about what it is connected to

I don’t think it’s that coz I was looking at exterior equipment in my Audi app and there is trailer hitch. I don’t think it’s aftermarket

i don’t think so. Coz I have kesy door handles etc.
I'm making a guess that you mean keyless door entry. If so how would this limit you from having tow bar electrics?

Colin