Fusso Coat on top of CQuartz

alpesh26

Reaction score
Is there any point in putting Fusso Coat on top of CQuartz UK? I did put some Reload on the car after putting the CQuartz on.

I used to use Fusso Coat on my Misano Red A5 and it made cleaning it a lot easier because the dirt wouldnt stick as much...I also like the beading on the fusso coat :wink new: but not sure if there is any point if the car is ceramic coated.

Try it on a panel but to be honest l don't it being a problem applying a wax on top

Reactions: alpesh26 and Audib5fan
Is there any point in putting Fusso Coat on top of CQuartz UK? I did put some Reload on the car after putting the CQuartz on.

I used to use Fusso Coat on my Misano Red A5 and it made cleaning it a lot easier because the dirt wouldnt stick as much...I also like the beading on the fusso coat :wink new: but not sure if there is any point if the car is ceramic coated.
@alpesh26 - Don't see the point of putting anything other than Reload on the top of CQUK TBH
Reload is the recommended maintenance product by CarPro
I'm just wondering whether anything else would degrade the CQUK
Just my thoughts ...

@scotty76 - Your thoughts ?

Reactions: alpesh26 and scotty76
Agreed @Bristle Hound. I'd just stick Reload over the top of Cquartz. Also @alpesh26 if the beading seems to be dropping off try a wash with CarPro Reset shampoo it seems to detox the paint work and put things back to how they should be. This is based on my experience with Cquartz Finest and also Gyeon MOHS+.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Cheers for the replies, I wont put any Fusso coat on top of the ceramic coating. It took 3 days to get the ceramic coating on (prep etc.) so I really dont want to be ruining that work.

It's still beading as its only been on about 6 weeks, but good to know about the reset shampoo if it does drop off.

I know this is a difficult question to answer, but on average how long are ceramic coatings lasting?

Ceramic coatings are a difficult one...im a MASSIVE fan of Gyeon MOHS and Gtechniq Serum Light/Exo/C1 etc Everytime I have applied any of those, I have managed to get around 2 years out of a single application...even after the two years, it still still beading very well and repelling the dirt, but you can notice a performance drop off...my CLS has had the same coating for 3 years now and I am only now considering re-doing it!

These coats are occasionally topped up by a wax for a show etc if I am entering show and shine, but for general washing, its literally a wash, a quick speed detail to remove any water spots, and its done

Out of curisoty, howcome you would want to put the Fusso wax ontop? Is the beading etc not great on the CQ?

Out of curisoty, howcome you would want to put the Fusso wax ontop? Is the beading etc not great on the CQ?

It was more to protect the ceramic coating and the beading was tighter with the fusso coat than the CQUK, but it seems that we don't know how fusso coat will react with the ceramic coating. I'll stick with using reload when it needs a top up

It was more to protect the ceramic coating and the beading was tighter with the fusso coat than the CQUK, but it seems that we don't know how fusso coat will react with the ceramic coating. I'll stick with using reload when it needs a top up
It's a glass coating *** it won't react to any wax, this is what gets me with this "Too Anal" guff. ... And the detailing world is full of this/people!!!!! there paint work doesn't look or is in better condition than say my own for example ....... Who is far from anal about detailing

This is the thing yer never going to know what works best if you don't experiment and experimenting is a part of detailing.....

Reactions: jungle650
It's a glass coating *** it won't react to any wax, this is what gets me with this "Too Anal" guff. ... And the detailing world is full of this/people!!!!! there paint work doesn't look or is in better condition than say my own for example ....... Who is far from anal about detailing

This is the thing yer never going to know what works best if you don't experiment and experimenting is a part of detailing.....
Very well put James :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jassyo06

@jassyo06 - Told you this Detailing malarchy was subjective
Good job we are all different then buddy ;) :D

Reactions: alpesh26
@jassyo06 - Told you this Detailing malarchy was subjective
Good job we are all different then buddy ;) :D
Actually if l hadn't just purchased 2 tubs of different waxes of which l seldom use, l would have got some Fusso just for its durability..... Would save me waxing er indoors car every ****** fortnight lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Actually if l hadn't just purchased 2 tubs of different waxes of which l seldom use, l would have got some Fusso just for its durability..... Would save me waxing er indoors car every ****** fortnight lol
@jassyo06 - Tempted to try some Fusso myself, but I've got a couple of new waxes I need to try first :D

Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 - Tempted to try some Fusso myself, but I've got a couple of new waxes I need to try first :D

I used Fusso on the RS to get me thru the winter months
Have to say I’m impressed

Packaging don’t make much sense though

c9e53ace3701fcd1152beb349161ad26.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound
I used Fusso on the RS to get me thru the winter months
Have to say I’m impressed

Packaging don’t make much sense though

c9e53ace3701fcd1152beb349161ad26.jpg
Yeah me too.. .. ma Japanese ain't up te scratch these days lol l spent £70 and £40 on autoglym UHD then R222, both have there weak points UHD can be messy to remove and R222 *** goes after one wash buts its so easily applied, UHD on the other hand is hard work to apply especially if your covering the full car but it should last at least 4/5 weeks will see

Reactions: T-800
Following up on this, I did put the fusso coat on top of the ceramic coating but it didnt really 'stick' it lasted for about a month but it seems to have come off...nowhere near the durability of just using it on top of a polish. I'm going to wash the car with CarPro Reset and apply Reload on it