Future residuals on B9 S4

Jay Be

Reaction score
I have been thinking recently what car id like to own next, say in 2 years time. I bought a brand new B9 S4 back in December and although I love it, I always keep my eye out on potential cars next. I purchased mine for around 43k (52k list price with options) via carwow and I opted to PCP it with a large 10k deposit as I wanted low monthly’s as I got the 2.9% apr deal. I did consider buying outright but it’s not something I’m ever comfortable with just because usually after 2 years I like to change so finance makes sense for me personally. I was just wondering what everyone’s opinions are (or facts if you know enough) about how the S4’s value will look in two years time? Gives me food for thought about me estimating how much I could sell mine for. Obviously the car has dropped nearly 8k in value when I drove it away but I expected that due to loss on VAT etc. Thoughts?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I have been thinking recently what car id like to own next, say in 2 years time. I bought a brand new B9 S4 back in December and although I love it, I always keep my eye out on potential cars next. I purchased mine for around 43k (52k list price with options) via carwow and I opted to PCP it with a large 10k deposit as I wanted low monthly’s as I got the 2.9% apr deal. I did consider buying outright but it’s not something I’m ever comfortable with just because usually after 2 years I like to change so finance makes sense for me personally. I was just wondering what everyone’s opinions are (or facts if you know enough) about how the S4’s value will look in two years time? Gives me food for thought about me estimating how much I could sell mine for. Obviously the car has dropped nearly 8k in value when I drove it away but I expected that due to loss on VAT etc. Thoughts?

I keep an eye on my settlement figure with Audi finance and Autotrader trade in/private sale price. I just put projected mileage in. Only thing it can't really project is the effect of age on the car but tbh it's never really that far off. After 3 years you should start to level off equity wise. Think autotrader put mine at £22k with 58k miles on in 2 years.

Can only guesstimate but it's useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep an eye on my settlement figure with Audi finance and Autotrader trade in/private sale price. I just put projected mileage in. Only thing it can't really project is the effect of age on the car but tbh it's never really that far off. After 3 years you should start to level off equity wise. Think autotrader put mine at £22k with 58k miles on in 2 years.

Can only guesstimate but it's useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that’s a pretty useful way to keep an eye on it. I’m hoping other variables such as how many are available, interest levels etc are all in my favour in 2 years time to ensure the value is as high as possible. I did get it valued with future miles and it was looking at around 23-24k so you’re right, 3 years I’ll be in positive equity just about. Just hoping it’ll be more so I could potentially see some of my deposit back haha. If I part x it today I’d get 3k back according to where it’s at right now so hopefully the curve will follow ha.

I generally find the GFV on the pcp is about right if your trading in. If selling private you may get 1.5k or so above GFV.

Wouldn't it of worked out cheaper to of done a 2 year lease if you like to change every 2 years?

Reactions: Nickfrog
Yes they were £10k total over 2 years I think inc VED.

My S4 Avant PCH @ £11,700 without options on 12K 2 Years. Really don't see a cheaper way of running a new one over 2 years with VED.

I had a few PCP quotes, but the 2 Year one had a 26100 GFV. Even with a hefty discount that's a large hole to fill... then there is interest and VED.

Reactions: Keef
Just to chip in
My S4 is just approaching 12 months old and I’m on a 3 year pcp deal. I looked at changing the other month, outstanding balance was 36k, dealer offered 32k WBAC 26k! My last 2 PCP deals left me with 5-6k equity at the end of 3 years but
I’m defo going to lease next time, but I do like my options

Reactions: Jsmills
That's the problem with leasing, options are expensive as you pay for their entirety over the term. But that probably reflects the reality for most options anyway.

Reactions: Jsmills