G247 fault fuel pressure sensor

Sean_29

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Fuel pressure sensor gone (G247) on the high pressure inline do you have to de-pressurise the system before swapping out the sensor(I would have thought so) if so how do you do this on the RS3 8P?

Should be a release valve via the hpfp you'd think.

No release valve on the RS3 8P. Replace the sensor once the car has been sat for a day or two. Word of warning that sensor to do in situ is a right pain in the a**e!! I’d recommend removing the upper inlet manifold for access.

Myself and few others found out G247 could actually be down to a software update as Audi released a TPI for this parameter. It’ll be worth checking your engine software version. On the RS3 8P it should be 0060 whereas the TTRS 8J is 0050. It seems members with version 0030, 0040 & 0050 especially tuned were having issues with G247. I had this issue and spent about £3k replacing hardware to try to get to the bottom of it. It was only a software update required.

Reactions: 8YARWY and NHN

I have copied the link to the thread but not sure if you will see it your end. May have to join the group. But search G247 and you’ll see the thread and update comments from myself and others.

Ideal thank you. How do I check to see what software I have? I have a vagcom will this do it if so where abouts do I have to go on vagcom to find it please?

Ideal thank you. How do I check to see what software I have? I have a vagcom will this do it if so where abouts do I have to go on vagcom to find it please?

Go into the engine module and you will see a value in the top right corner. 0030,0040,0050 or 0060

Looks like 0040?

Attachments

• 20220425_092158.jpg
    20220425_092158.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 157
Looks like 0040?

Correct.

Is the car mapped? If so, replace the sensor first then get your tuner to update to 0060 and g247 will be fixed.

If it’s a stock car replace the sensor and it may be ok.

Correct.

Is the car mapped? If so, replace the sensor first then get your tuner to update to 0060 and g247 will be fixed.

If it’s a stock car replace the sensor and it may be ok.
It is stock and have replaced the sensor, fault come up again