G3 body prep shampoo review

moorzy

Reaction score
So today wasn't raining for a few hours.

I had already informed my beloved the night before, just before we nodded off, that i was going to wash the motor as the almighty up above had told me via iPhone weather app that in his favourite city, Manchester, he planned on taking the persistent rain away until 16:00 hours (i know, i know... she is spoiled with this type of pillow talk )

Anyway i jumped out of bed next morning and checked the skies out of bedroom window like a kid checking if it had snowed so they wouldn't have to go to school and sit through double geography with their least favourite teacher.

Joy, it was as promised, blue skies, no frost so neighbours wouldn't be giving me drama about causing deathly ice tracks on "the backies" where we live.

I quickly showered/brushed chops and dressed in my "scruffies" for a date with some soapy water and a proper manky motor.

As i bombed it down stairs i remembered about a thread i was reading/posting on about shampoo for cleaning and i asked about shampoos to strip back all the layers of polish and wax in preparation for the "spring clean". There was folks saying nowt but DA machine was going to get rid; mentions of washing up liquid and also in there was reference to G3 body prep shampoo by Farecla.

Anyway, i figured today was as good as any and the current shampoo i had was some shampoo/wax combo that i really wasn't feeling love for at all so jibbed in the still filthy A4 cab and pootled up to halfords. I picked up 500ml of the G3 and a bottle of turtlewax intensive wheel cleaner as these beggars were rotten and dust was not for shifting.

Back home after giving over £6.99 for the G3 and £7.49 for the wheel spray and got gear out:
jetwash out/plugged in/hosed up
Couple of buckets with nice hot water
Plentyfull supply of mf cloths + wheel brush(the overgrown paintbrush that came with the wheel cleaner was not going to shift that stuff!)
I slapped the radio on in the cab and turned up and got myself ready to listen to liverpool get beat and clean the car, what could be better than this?

Poured a few capfuls of shampoo into bucket 1 and stirred in. Not much in the way of lather and i am normally "mad fer it". Nether the less i cracked on and gave the wheels a wipe, turning the jumbo sponge as i went and once both sides had seen action, i blasted with the lance to rinse.

The wheels did actually come up a lot better than i expected just with the wash using g3 so plus points scored aleady i thought!

Sprayed on the intensive wheel cleaner and agitaged, paying special attention to the corners where dust was proper baked on. Rinsed the wheels with lance and got to work on the body.

I started at the back and have to say was very impressed with how the shampoo was lifting the muck. I was washing in small circular motions and was surprised at how little effort i was having to put in to get what looked like decent clean results.

As i got dow to the corners of rear bumper section i could see this was the test for it and again, passed the test. The weeks of salt and grime of the darkest winter this year were being lifted away with most of the heavy work appearing to be being taken care of by the shampoo.

I was enjoying this and carried on around the rest of the bodywork and glass. As i was 3/4 way round i poured another few capfuls into the other bucket of, now warm not hot, water and finished off. The car was clean I've gotta say but i wanted as much of historical layers off so i could start again so went round again with the remainder and this time round, which was flying as already clean, you could tell that it had indeed shifted the older polishes and waxes as was "squeeking" when washed the sponge over the paintwork, so really squeeky clean.

I rinsed off with the lance and dried with chamois and thick towel like MFs ive got knocking around.

All in all a great result imo.

Shampoo goes a long way, probaby between 6-10 capfuls used.
Really pleased with how clean bodywork came up.
Really felt like the shampoo was doing its work and i had to put in less effort than other shampoos I've used.
£6.99 isnt a bad prce for a quality product I'd say.
It did actually prepare the surface ready for finishing product, which for me was meguiars classic gold liquid on body, bouncers "looking sweet" wheel wax.

Would definately recommend for folks who wanted a nice squeeky clean finish at an ok price range.

Pics below are of paintwork after cleaning with G3 body prep shampoo and before any waxing/polishing.

Oh, didn't all work out well, those dirty scousers scrabbled a 96th minute winner, never mind, cant have everything. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: scotty76 and Bristle Hound
I've used the G3 Body Prep Shampoo myself
Good product IMO :thumbs up: