G476 Short to Ground fault

Djwoody

Reaction score
Hi.
My Cruise Control has stopped working on my A4 B8 and I have a fault coming up in VCDS which is:
03182 - Clutch Position Snesor (G476) Short to Ground.

I have replaced the G476 sensor (which is intergrated into the Master Cylinder) and the fault is still there.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks
Chris

Wednesday,17,December,2014,19:06:20:62129

VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator

VCDS Version: 14.10.0.0

Data version: 20141022

VIN: License Plate: 2014-12-17-CHRIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 53: Parking Brake Labels: 8K0-907-801-V1.clb

Control Module Part Number: 8K0 907 801 E HW: 8K0 907 801 E

Component and/or Version: EPB Audi B8 H05 0060

Software Coding:

Work Shop Code: WSC 00000 000 00000

VCID: 316C81DF68DBEBA9D05-8064

1 Fault Found:

03182 - Clutch Position Sensor (G476)

007 - Short to Ground

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 01100111

Fault Priority: 6

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 240

Mileage: 143530 km

Time Indication: 0

Date: 2014.12.17

Time: 19:03:22

Freeze Frame:

Voltage: 12.00 V

Count: 52

Speed: 0.0 km/h

Hex Value: 0x0263

Hex Value: 0x0001

Hex Value: 0x1010

Be interested to see a fix for this too mate as i have the same problem. Keep me posted on how you get on.

Be interested to see a fix for this too mate as i have the same problem. Keep me posted on how you get on.

Have you replaced the master cylinder?
I changed mine and I still have the error and not fixed yet :-(

When you see a short to ground quite often the problem is a blown fuse or supply issue.
Here is some info on what the switch does it's for the A5 but is relevant

http://www.audi-portal.com/en/diagnostic/sensors.html?sensor=476&model=6

click on these links when you goto the page linked above for info on the sensor.
Upload 2015 1 12 20 22 30

Looking at the wiring diagram there appear to be 2 fused supplies going to the module

Upload 2015 1 12 20 24 19

Appears to be fuse 2 on fuse carrier ST1 and ST2 in fuse holder C
This is located at the end of the dash on the drivers side

Upload 2015 1 12 20 29 41

Check fuse 2 in both ST1 and ST2 , shown as being a 5A fuse.

Karl.

No not yet bud it was going to be my next port of call, just with me doing mostly short journeys i dont miss the cruise that much.
Reading that youve changed yours and still have the fault has put me off doing it though, 1 for the expense and 2 for the chance it wont work now.

Do you have any other ideas or things your thinking of trying?

Funny thing is my car shows no other indication of this fault apart from the parkbrake not auto releasing which is liveable with, ie it starts ok everytime.

Thanks for the info desertstorm, i have checked both those fuses and they appeared to be ok. I will have a good read of that link though and see what i can find out.

Cheers

Brett

There is a connection to the EPB module that you can see on the above circuit diagram J540 is the module that controls that.

Reactions: V2brett
If the fuses are good I would use a multimeter and check that there is power on the 2 supplies feeding the switch, also check the fuses with a multimeter.

Karl.

Hi guys, just to update this thread i now have my cruise control and auto handbrake release all sorted for £50. It was the park brake module that was at fault.
Just want to say thanks to Karl for the wiring diagrams as i studied these and decided to take the plunge and bought a used H revision module off ebay. My old module is an E revision like yours dj woody.

Dj woody if you are going to also try this on yours i can help with sourcing a module, i missed 1 on ebay last weekend but the guy only got back to me today saying it hasnt sold. I think £40 would get it delivered to you.

Cheers for all the help guys.

Glad it's sorted, and didn't cost too much.
Karl.

Hi guys sorry to bump an old thread but i've currently got this problem on my A5 where the auto release wont work with no other warnings on the dash, anyone know where the EPB module is on the A5?

Hi guys sorry to bump an old thread but i've currently got this problem on my A5 where the auto release wont work with no other warnings on the dash, anyone know where the EPB module is on the A5?

Live data possible on relevant measuring blocks (driver buckle switch; clutch switch; driver occupancy; etc)?

I have an error similar but mines 14 defective. I’m guessing I’ll be replacing the sensor soon.

first noticed the gear indicator was missing occasionally and then my hill hold assist said it was unavailable. Then the cruise control wouldn’t work at all and finally found out the handbrake needed manually pressing.

Hi,
I have the same problem with same error on vag, I'm now going to change park brake module with used one with same code 8K0907801D; I have a question before install: is there a problem with cp => protection code ? If I install with different protection code what can happen? You install without check it?