Games console, which is best for what the wife wants?

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
She wants a console that she can use for exercise and dancing.

I already own a PS3, and I used to own a Wii but I sold it for a tidy profit one Xmas when it was in short supply.

The Wii was pretty boring for me back then, but they had not bought out the Wii Fit back then.

I have heard some good things about the Kinect, which means I will have to buy an Xbox ( well, she will!).

What do you youngsters think is the best option?

Cheers.

im a massive pro ps3 person but i bought an xbox and its awesome lol cant believe im saying this, but yeah defiantly an xbox with kinect is the way forward.

+1 for the 360 with Kinect. Not having to hold some crappy device is a major advantage, plus its all over body tracking is amazing.

Oh man!!

Im in the same predicament too, we are thinking Wii, as the little one can go on it as well....we have used the Wii and the Kinect and both are very good, but I already have a PS3, so dont really want to fork out for another console, that will end up not getting used.

She is not that much into the gaming side of things and i think she just wants it more for party factor, eg, bowling, tennis etc....

The gadget show did a review and Ive forgot the program that won but think it was on the xbax with kinect

As for a allrounder the wii I got for the wife is used by our 5 year old and grandparents with no issues.

LOL @ Zumba classes.

Man, you want me to miss out on the opportunity of playing around with a new console?

Looks like the Kinect then.

Now how much is that going to cost her?

we have the wii and xbox 360 with kinect and the xbox always wins... though that might also be down to the fact i get all the latest games on it for free, including the kinect games.
i usually get the games at the same time (if not earlier) as official release dates

the xbox has HDMI where the wii is just 480p so the quality is far better on the xbox.
i played the UFC training game on the kinect system... thats one tough game!! my body was sore after 30 mins of playing it and im no stranger to the gym. there are loads of games you can play on the xbox with the kinect system