GAP Insurance - Who Has It..Advice Needed

Craig-P

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought my S3 coming up to around a year ago now and thought I had taken GAP Insurance out then but looking back through my documents it appears I didn't. I gather this is something pretty essential and very well recommended.

I've always had GAP on my last few previous cars I've had and I would like to get it for my Audi now.

So my question is, Who do people recommend/Where's best place to get it..?

Your help will be much appreciated..

Thanks
Craig

I imagine there are next to hundreds of threads on here to give you more information than you can manage, but ALA or gapinsurance.co.uk seem to give good cover and good quotes.

Check out the difference between vehicle replacement and back to invoice and decide which you want. Make sure you have the right level of cover to reflect the cars price.

I paid £150 on my new S5 for 2 years. Covers full cost of the car and is vehicle replacement cover to protect the high discount I got (rather than giving me the full invoice amount, I get a replacement car to the same spec. Protects against and car price increases, or loss of discount due to new facelift models over the 2 year cover). A very small cost and a must have on a new car, especially if purchased over finance, IMO.

Assuming you bought your vehicle LESS than 1 year ago almost every GAP insurance provider that can (most only permit up to 6-months after taking ownership), will provide you with a policy that is based (in one form or another) on what your vehicle is worth today.

GapInsurance.co.uk however can provide you with a policy that is based on either the original invoice price that you paid for your vehicle (Invoice GAP insurance) or, the cost of replacing your vehicle at the time of any Total Loss (write-off) claim with one of the same make, model, specification, age and mileage as was relevant to your original vehicle at the time you first bought it (Replacement GAP insurance).

Be careful though because some other companies out there that offer the first type (based on what your car is worth today) still call it "Replacement GAP insurance" but the amount of cover provided is, very different (read: substantially lower!)

Thanks guy's. I was unaware that Insurance companies can offer GAP - I thought GAP was separate from insurance.

This is handy to know though as my Insurance renewal is due at the start of Feb so hopefully I can get both together..

I'll have a search on the search and on the site's provided above ^

Thanks a lot

Hi,
Just to let you now that we offer a product called Total Loss Protection. Whist it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative. If you'd like any further details then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.