GAP / Tyre / Alloy insurance recommendations

bigtasty

Reaction score
It's tempting just to go with the cheapest option, but just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or ones to avoid?

It's tempting just to go with the cheapest option, but just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or ones to avoid?
Audi gap is ok if you get it cheap otherwise ala. For the s3 I went with ala but the rs3 I went with audi as it was close to the ala price.

I've never bothered with tyre or alloy insurance, tyre imo us a waste of money whereas few if any places will cover diamond cut alloys

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DW81
Cheers. The best quotes I've got so far are:

£212 for GAP (Return to Invoice)
£312 for combined tyre/alloy

On my old S3 I used the tyre insurance twice. Complete replacement of the tyre each time and so it paid for itself.

I'll see what Audi can offer when I pick the car up next week. If they can get close to the above then I'll buy it from them mainly for the convenience.

The P Zeros seem particularly prone to pothole damage with tyrewall issues so if you can get this covered it would probably make sense.

On my old S3 I used the tyre insurance twice. Complete replacement of the tyre each time and so it paid for itself.

I'll see what Audi can offer when I pick the car up next week. If they can get close to the above then I'll buy it from them mainly for the convenience.

Michelin PS4's were £74 each inc discount at costco for the s3 about 18 months ago, they were £99 a tyre

Are you sure they'll pay out for the alloys - who is that with as ALA don't cover diamond cut alloys. I dont know anyone that does

Michelin PS4's were £74 each inc discount at costco for the s3 about 18 months ago, they were £99 a tyre

Are you sure they'll pay out for the alloys - who is that with as ALA don't cover diamond cut alloys. I dont know anyone that does

How are you finding the Pilot Sports compared to the P Zero's?

I can see ALA don't cover diamond cut alloys, but others do, shortfall.co.uk being one of them.

You know (and I know this is dodgy) but they all have a 30 day limit on the car being registered/purchased by you but they have no way to check this so it may be worth paying and trying this in some circumstances after all they are getting paid either way.

Hi,
Just to let you know that we offer a product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.
Please feel free to take a look if you wish.
https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/
Regards,
Dan.