Gatso'd

ravidrabbit

Reaction score
...by the way - that's domesic issues... not staff!
rolleyes.gif

50 in a 40..My own fault I know!! The annoying thing is it was on M74 when heading south for my hols!! The only place I can think of was a section of roadworks that had a 40 limit. I was in a flow of traffic though so I can safely assume Stratchclyde's finest's coffers will be bulging over this stretch of road!!

I am seriously annoyed with myself! I've just had 3 points come of and was enjoying having a clean license!!

I'm considering investing in a Snooper now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bad luck! I have had a Bel Euro 550 for 18 months and it has more than paid for itself by alerting gastso's etc. Go for it asap.

There are lots of options and the satellite versions are also excellent. All depends how much you want to spend. The Bel has never missed a gatso or laser trap site yet, but is no good for forward facing cameras, SPECS or optical/distance measurement devices used by police (hand held and in-car types).

Hard lines Ian.

Spence's summary is spot on. The first thing I bought after the S3 was a radar detector (Bel 550). You just can't risk it these days.

Only problem is, in built up area that has shops with automatic doors, and with the odd speed camera dotted about - you don't know what the thing is bleeting at: the doors or the gatso. And if you are in an unfamiliar area, it could catch you out. It nearly happened to me on a recent trip to London.

AL

sorry to hear that i nearly had that problem as well on m-way road works but lucky the car in front got flashed and i hit the brakes.

any ideas which ones are the best to have then

[ QUOTE ]
Ian_S3 said:
50 in a 40..My own fault I know!! The annoying thing is it was on M74 when heading south for my hols!! The only place I can think of was a section of roadworks that had a 40 limit. I was in a flow of traffic though so I can safely assume

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad luck mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif Is that the section outside Glasgow, between Bellshill and Motherwell? That's been causing some major grief.
I know there's more roadworks further south, but it might be the M6 at that point, not sure.

As for the radar detector, I have one that I don't use anymore due to false alarms, plus I don't speed in built up areas. Personally I'd go for one of the GPS systems now.

He got off a ticket last week by not signing the "I admit it was me driving" form. He paid the fine, but wouldn't admit it was him. So they couldnt give him any points. It went to court and he and another driver both got off. The law is fatally flawed as it relies upon the owner of the vehicle admitting it was them, or grassing up someone else. Guilty until proven innocent, by grassing up a friend.
See the story at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/3113107.stm

Was looking at one of those Roadangel thingys with the laser attachment... Is it any good...? I mean is it a best of both worlds or is it a bit of a compromise being both.

I tried a Bel a few years back and that actually picked up Panda cars, not sure if that was just fluke, but that was kinda handy, does the Roadangel do the same with the laser attachment...?

Bad luck about being caught by the dreaded camera /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Did you just get flashed or have you had the Notice of Intended Prosecution through asking you to name the driver etc??

As for the signing/non signing of the NIP see Safespeed Website for more information.

Nope, when you synchronise with your PC, be sad and watch what its doing. Near the beginning it will say "Saving your settings" or something similar.

When it beeps just delete and they will never come back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just wish I could mute the fecker when it is beeping at a camera I know, especially when I am on the phone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif